Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.32.10 bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like it to fix this (yellow dashes) but I’m not holding my breath

Attachments

• 2DFD5804-574F-40CB-9610-A808FD48862C.jpeg
    2DFD5804-574F-40CB-9610-A808FD48862C.jpeg
    389.9 KB · Views: 82
Thanks, Art - yes it’s been like this for quite a while now. Tesla seems unconcerned, as range isn’t affected - so the question is, does this constitute a defective battery or doesn’t it?

Software updates used to clear the dashes, but they’re pretty persistent now

Cheers

It’s been like this for quite a while now

I don't think it's a software issue, I think your Model S is actually limiting power for some reason.
Obviously I'm not a Tesla Certified Technician Expert Master Sensei of any kind, but I think you should push Tesla to check this issue on your car.

I know that the power limit sometimes has to do with the vehicle's thermal management system. Model 3/Y get a power limit when the Superbottle is not working properly, and thermal issues sometimes only impact the drive unit's power output, not the battery capacity or range.

Tesla seems unconcerned

I can see you are in the North Vancouver area, so maybe scheduling a service appointment in the Langley Service Center may be worth a shot, in order to have a second opinion.

Last edited:
I think the issue you are encountering is just that it's cold out. 9° C is about 48° F. No tire (PSI) measurements implies to me that the car has been parked and you just got in it. It will start that way and go away as you drive and the battery warms up. It is not an issue/flaw.
I wish you were right - it has been like this for almost two years now, summer and winter, long drives and short drives

Sometimes it goes away after a software update, sometimes it doesn’t — both my images above were taken under the same conditions, same ambient temperatures. Pressures were blank because of the wheel change