Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 MS 90D with MCU2 upgrade.

What kind of alpha junk release is this?!?! The numbers missing from the power usage meter as mentioned before and no longer able to stream music from BT from my phone. Tried a reboot using the 2 buttons on the steering wheel and we "full reboot" by changing the wheel configuration and still both of the previous mentioned issues persisted. Un-paired my phone and reconnected and still not able to play BT music from my phone. Shows the music playing on the screen but no audio.

How do these simple things even break on this mature software? 🤯

• Helpful
Reactions: techlogik
Anybody think the sound quality improved with this build on their 3/Y?
I am sure it's psychosomatic but I think the sound, sounds amazingly better. The sound stage seems much wider and clearer than before, the music seems dead centred infront of me as the driver, equally wide to the left as to the right. I played a variety of music from some singer song writer kind of thing and I felt the singer right infront of me, all the way to some bass heavy techno Listening to Sibelius vioiln concerto I felt the violin almost under my chin. Like I said, it was probably all in my mind but I would say it was a huge improvement.

2016 MS 90D with MCU2 upgrade.

What kind of alpha junk release is this?!?! The numbers missing from the power usage meter as mentioned before and no longer able to stream music from BT from my phone. Tried a reboot using the 2 buttons on the steering wheel and we "full reboot" by changing the wheel configuration and still both of the previous mentioned issues persisted. Un-paired my phone and reconnected and still not able to play BT music from my phone. Shows the music playing on the screen but no audio.

How do these simple things even break on this mature software? 🤯
probably intentional. model 3 doesnt get the numbers for the power useage meter either.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
I am sure it's psychosomatic but I think the sound, sounds amazingly better. The sound stage seems much wider and clearer than before, the music seems dead centred infront of me as the driver, equally wide to the left as to the right. I played a variety of music from some singer song writer kind of thing and I felt the singer right infront of me, all the way to some bass heavy techno Listening to Sibelius vioiln concerto I felt the violin almost under my chin. Like I said, it was probably all in my mind but I would say it was a huge improvement.
I felt the same thing, more direct in front and the soundstage is much broader. I hear more separation instruments and even the directional panning of the music is more noticeable.

Reactions: nilesborg
I felt the same thing, more direct in front and the soundstage is much broader. I hear more separation instruments and even the directional panning of the music is more noticeable.
I feel sure they did some general tweaking to the audio, more than the immersive sound. I was listening to some classical music and felt completely immersed in the orchestra, I at the immersive sound to off (from auto) and there was almost no difference! In other kind of music I did notice difference so I guess that auto setting does something somehow. Side note, I wondered if Tesla could put their ai skills to use to upres music in a similar way that Adobe and Google are doing with photos.

I am sure it's psychosomatic but I think the sound, sounds amazingly better.

I felt the same thing, more direct in front and the soundstage is much broader.

@angelman @ALSETJC what do you have your immersive audio setting set to? Just curious. Got the download yesterday (2021 MY LR, Canada, previously on 2021.24.5) and applied it late last night. Have had zero seat time yet but looking forward to some listening.

Just installed too and noticed that the SuC icons on the nav are back to the original way: just a red drop with a white lightning. Not the count of free stalls. Rebooted twice but still the same.
Also notes mention immersive sound. I have the basic sound, so indeed there is no immersive option in the settings.
Sounds familiar to others or is it just my car?
Same here. I have immersive sound now since the last update but I technically don’t have it since I just have the basic sound system. I kinda got excited for a moment lol😂

• Funny
Reactions: AustinP
A381D00D-5754-4843-8BC2-0F845C0034BA.jpeg
Nothing new that i can see