Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Version 10.3 is here, 2021.36.5.2

Attachments

• 32516229-6EF4-4E2C-85F1-D93AD771AEF0.jpeg
    32516229-6EF4-4E2C-85F1-D93AD771AEF0.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 7F59A9AF-84C2-434A-8E96-C34D343F3437.jpeg
    7F59A9AF-84C2-434A-8E96-C34D343F3437.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Reactions: dfinn1
Model 3 LR RWD in Texas. Woke up to a notification that a sw update was available (the notification came in around 2:00 AM). Started the update to 36.5.2 about 20 minutes ago. Opted in since the beginning, no in/outs on Android. Didn't know the score for a few days and when I did it took a little to get back to 99. Gave up trying for 100 after the first wave as big city Texas driving makes that damm near impossible for me since I use the car every day. Just thankful I waited it out. I was concerned that Tesla would change the goalposts again about miles, days, etc. (#Birds up, 8-0)

I finally got it too but the FSD won’t engage. The visualization is there but it won’t actually engage.

According to this guy it looks like I’m not alone:

This is a beta so things like this happen. I waited a long time to get this I can wait a little longer.

Reactions: fablau
Got it!

Has anyone else noticed extremely sensitive forward collision warnings on the highway even while not using AP? Twice it out red a car an eighth mile in front of me as I got on the accelerator.
Yes! Mine alerts like this only when not using autopilot but the car in front of me is 10 car lengths away yet still gives a forward collision warning.

• Informative
Reactions: phantasms
I finally got it too but the FSD won’t engage. The visualization is there but it won’t actually engage.

According to this guy it looks like I’m not alone:

This is a beta so things like this happen. I waited a long time to get this I can wait a little longer.
After my first drive using BETA (successfully), I loaded up the family so they could experience it. Behold, autopilot could not be engaged (nor could cruise control). I tried resetting the car, driving for 10+ miles and letting it sit for awhile I still have no ability to engage autopilot. It’s almost as if it was disabled.

People are posting fixes, I’m about to try them -
Thread 'Fix for Broken FSD Beta 10.3'
Fix for Broken FSD Beta 10.3

Last edited:
My first drive was flawless, including an unprotected left turns. Next destination, the cruise control was unavailable. Turn off FSB Beta, still no cruise control or autosteer. On highway I got cruise control working, but not autosteer. Cruise control kept stopping after about 1/4 mile. Came home, read some posts on TMC that said to let car power down for a while, so the car is sleeping now.

Will try again in a little while.

I’m both impressed with and very scared of FSD. I got 10.3 this morning. After dealing with the unstoppable FCWs and tacc and autopilot not being available, it is now working. In the end I can say, this software is not ready for prime time in anyway. Phantom braking, random speeding up and slowing, trying to drive into a median, rolling through stop signs… The software is much worse than a new driver with their permit.

If this is the best so far, then yikes! Not worth $10,000! Thank goodness I got it on sale back in the day, but I’m sure it isn’t worth what I paid.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I’m both impressed with and very scared of FSD. I got 10.3 this morning. After dealing with the unstoppable FCWs and tacc and autopilot not being available, it is now working. In the end I can say, this software is not ready for prime time in anyway. Phantom braking, random speeding up and slowing, trying to drive into a median, rolling through stop signs… The software is much worse than a new driver with their permit.

If this is the best so far, then yikes! Not worth $10,000! Thank goodness I got it on sale back in the day, but I’m sure it isn’t worth what I paid.
I just got a downgrade to .1 … makes me think they’re pulling it until they can get the issues fixed. Shoulda let it bake for one or two more days.