Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure it has anything to do with configuration like Elon says, since we've seen people with the same issue across a huge breadth of cars, like all of them. It probably wasn't caught because it doesn't happen right away all the time. I took my car on FSD drive shortly after getting 10.3 and there was no issue, so if I'm internal QA I would have signed off on it after testing it for 15 minutes.

Right, that's why they should know about that and test accordingly. Not for 15 minutes, but for a couple of days internally (I mean, maybe 10-15 people) before releasing to Beta testers like us (how many out there right now in beta? 5000 or so?). I mean, these systems are complex. Training neural networks is a complex process, mostly networks of this magnitude. The results may be unpredictable at any time. They should have tested it over a longer period of time in my opinion. I am a developer, and I'd do that.

Let's try to chill. Obviously it's NFG, the worst in a long time. Maybe ever. Especially for the few hard braking cases. They did pull it immediately. Thankfully everybody's ok. The team members who didn't get fired are hard at work on it.

Mistakes happen. I was working on an autonomous forklift project for a big company. After an update was downloaded the vehicles went crazy. Some idiot had borrowed a power strip and reset one of the computers, wiping part of the program just before the update went out.

99/100 "safety score"????? Just looked at mine and its 88/100...might never get this update...

Im sure some of this was incurred by the autopilot, shouldnt be punished for stopping the car from sideswiping a truck parked on the side of the road...or for missing pot holes and road debris.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
Let's try to chill. Obviously it's NFG, the worst in a long time. Maybe ever. Especially for the few hard braking cases. They did pull it immediately. Thankfully everybody's ok. The team members who didn't get fired are hard at work on it.

Mistakes happen. I was working on an autonomous forklift project for a big company. After an update was downloaded the vehicles went crazy. Some idiot had borrowed a power strip and reset one of the computers, wiping part of the program just before the update went out.

Ok, drove this morning on regular roads and I keep getting false collision warnings. I am afraid to drive on the freeway for possible phantom breaking events has happened yesterday. When can we expect an update? I thought they would have released a bug-fixing update by now.

Just disable FCW and AEB....I've driven on local roads, highway etc...50+ miles the past two days on 36.5.2...had a few screen alerts and beeps, turned those off, no problems since.

Are people saying even with turning those off that they are getting the alerts or brakes jamming on still? That is weird...like my telescoping steering wheel that the update broke...thanks TSLA!!

Service pushed the 36.5.2 version down to my car again hoping it will fix the steering wheel..if not...Oh gheez...service appointment argghhh!!!

Big difference is your forklifts aren’t on the road with other people.

Pretty cavalier approach to “try to chill” and “mistakes happen”.

If tesla wants to avoid regulatory burden with betas, they need to be release candidates and not buggy betas like this. One accident with a school bus and the FSD experiment as we know it is done, as well as a stock plunge.

192F8B78-A9DB-4001-9C0B-575CBB1864C1.jpeg

Question regarding the new recorder icon on the 36.5.3

How does one know if it works or not?

While using FSD today, the car made a very strange move that I had to take over. So, I touch the recorder hoping to send the data to the experts and the recorder did nothing to indicate that it was pushed????????????? It was like the icon wasn't a button but a picture and nothing else.

Anyone have a thought?