Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36.8 Adds Remote Sentry Live Footage on App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per TeslaFi, both mine and my wife's cars were in the first 50 M3LRDM's to get 2021.36.8 and of course, we're both Android users. LOL, typical. :) Looks good though. Nice addition to the toys. Looking forward to it. I'm on android app Ver 4.2.2-737.

Last edited:
Just got pushed the software update. Live sentry mode works great! You have to enable both in the car under Security and in the App one time to gain access.
Unfortunately you cannot view Sentry mode clips remotely, only live views from all four cameras and you can speak into the mike.

A missing essential feature is notification when sentry mode detects motion near car. Understand viewing recorded clips from the vehicle USB on the App is not yet available but the notification feature is more important so one can manually view the vehicle surrounding. Hopefully this will be added soon.

Got 36.5.5 last night and .8 a few minutes ago. Two updates in 24 hrs. I am not getting n the advanced update setting in the car. Car is in the garage, sentry mode disabled at home. Can enable from app, but says I need to enable something in the car to make it work. It’s happy hour, this can wait until tomorrow to play with.

Got 36.5.5 last night and .8 a few minutes ago. Two updates in 24 hrs. I am not getting n the advanced update setting in the car. Car is in the garage, sentry mode disabled at home. Can enable from app, but says I need to enable something in the car to make it work. It’s happy hour, this can wait until tomorrow to play with.
Similar timeline here although I did play with mine last night while parked in a restaurant lot. Super cool addition. It was raining so minimal foot traffic and I didn’t try the audio portion.