Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36.8 Adds Remote Sentry Live Footage on App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at my screenshot. I have 4 bars of 5G outside in the fresh air with no obstructions. I also streamed HD YouTube TV from my car in the same spot. It’s clearly not a cell service issue. I checked it in other spots as well yesterday and it was also bad then too.

I would love the sentry mode cameras to stream in 480p. That would be great and I wouldn’t complain at all! But clearly I’m streaming in 120p lol.

Good tidbit on the RCCB and not RGB color scheme also btw - thanks
Yeah, I’m pretty sure your signal strength is not relevant. Its whatever carrier the car is using and how strong a signal its getting at that particular location. For the intended purpose, I still think its sufficient.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
3AEFABC6-8144-4B3D-BA4E-F37DEA46DABA.jpg
CEAE85B7-9AB6-44F0-90A8-98E9444E3FEC.jpg
I’m currently in Tacoma, WA and my M3 is parked at an airport in North Carolina. I just checked the cameras and it worked flawlessly. Pretty incredible update in my opinion.

For the android folks, I was able to get app V 4.2.3-742 from Google Play this morning but no joy on remote sentry viewing yet. Yes, I have 2021.36.8 and it's enabled in the car. Sentry is not enabled when at home, but I turned it on manually with the app to see if I could view it. No joy. Supposedly, all you need is app V 4.2.1. I'll keep playing with it.
I just updated to 2021.4 and I'm using version 4.2.39-742 (Android) and no remote sentry video available for me. I have the premium connectivity package but the car is connected to wifi.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark57
I park in the same spot at work every day and yesterday I tried to access the live camera multiple times throughout the day with no luck. Today I've checked it multiple times and have had no issues.

So it appears to be just intermittent and outside factors be damned, other than obvious things like being in a parking garage with no/little cell service.