Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36 Audio not working correctly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
83F9B700-80F2-4FAC-97C6-5BF43F80772E.jpeg
408CF3AA-8ED7-4A6C-B954-38F2708323AD.jpeg

Yeah - as you can see the immersive sound option isn’t there any more. And even with the balance set to the rear, no sound comes out of the rear speakers, just the front.
I have the premium audio. I wonder if there’s a bug where it thinks I have the basic audio or something?

Reactions: donniccolo
I came here to post this morning about this same issue. Adding to this thread instead of starting my own.

I received 2021.36 (prev 2021.11.103) for my 2021 M3P on Oct 12th and have had this happen 3 times now. Reboot using the scroll wheels is all I've been able to determine fixes it.

Further details on the issue:
  • Only appears to happen after leaving the car and returning. Audio starts in "crippled" mode when it first turns back on
  • Adjustments to EQ and volume seem to have little to no effect, nor changes to Immersive Sound, or balance
  • Sounds the same through all sources tested: Spotify, radio, BT from phone
  • As best I can tell, audio is only coming from one or more of the dash speakers. Little to no bass or mid response
  • Only thing that fixes it is a reboot of the system using the two scroll wheel press-and-hold method.

I have the same issue but a reboot clears it. Also noticed that regen wasn’t working the same until the reboot completed. Scheduled service and they repushed 2021.36 to see if it fixes it. Haven’t been out to the car yet to see if that fixed it.

Mine is still doing it after the re-push of 2021.36 and sitting for a while. Reboot cleared it again. Now I’m noticing the AC drops to 66 and starts jetting cold air out when I put it in park. There is something really buggy with 2021.36. Regen worked fine this time.

I did another reset holding in both scroll buttons with my foot on the brake the entire time - screen and music eventually go off then I counted to about 90 seconds until I saw the Tesla logo appear on the black screen!

Attachments

• 9CCD6846-F233-4843-8E15-137D0FCBA948.jpeg
    9CCD6846-F233-4843-8E15-137D0FCBA948.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 257
I was about to post in the Model Y forum and found this thread in a search so will chime in to this thread instead.

I, too, started experiencing the symptoms described by others in this thread in my MYLR. i.e. audio quality is worse than my Samsung phone speakers. Started happening after the 2021.36 update for me as well. So far, restarting it with the steering wheel buttons restart fixes it... but not permanent fix. So far, it's happened three times since the update. The third time it happened, I was on a short drive so didn't bother performing the reset. Just locked the car and afer leaving the car for a few hours and coming back, it started working again.

Welp I guess I will try to reboot again...the only way I know of is holding in both buttons (and I read stepping on the brake may do something?)

There is confusion about this. See the Tesla service web pages for more details.

* The first level is to press-and-hold the two steering wheel buttons to reboot the touch screen computer.
* The second level is to power off via a button on the service page of the controls page on screen, wait, then tap the brake pedal to wake the car.

There is confusion about this. See the Tesla service web pages for more details.

* The first level is to press-and-hold the two steering wheel buttons to reboot the touch screen computer.
* The second level is to power off via a button on the service page of the controls page on screen, wait, then tap the brake pedal to wake the car.
Oh wow, thanks! Is one better than the other?

Oh wow, thanks! Is one better than the other?

They seem to do different things. Roadside Service asked me to try both when my car broke down on the freeway.

In some cases the car needs to do the software update process to (I guess) reprogram microcontrollers around the car, such as after replacing the windshield and its attached camera + humidity electronics. Strange HVAC issue since windshield replacement