Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36 Missing FSD beta button on Autopilot page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I recently had Tesla upgrade my FSD computer to hw3 in anticipation in trying the FSD beta. Unfortunately, I'm missing the FSD beta option at the top of the autopilot page. I placed a service request and also called Tesla and was told to give it some time and I'll eventually receive the option to enroll in the beta. Is anyone else having the same issue? Thanks.

Running 2021.36 and connected to wifi at the house.

It won't appear until you are invited and yes many of us are patiently waiting for an FSD beta invitation. The latest hurdle is to have a Safety Score of 99 or 100. What's your Safety Score?
That’s not quite correct. Anyone with 2021.32.22 and presumably later builds can request access to the FSD Beta, but they won’t actually receive it until they meet the requirements. The OP seems to be saying that they don’t have the option to request the Beta.

That’s not quite correct. Anyone with 2021.32.22 and presumably later builds can request access to the FSD Beta, but they won’t actually receive it until they meet the requirements. The OP seems to be saying that they don’t have the option to request the Beta.
Correct, I don't have the option to accept the FSD Beta. The option is not at the top of the autopilot option page. I have all of the normal FSD options, but not the button to select the FSD beta.

Attachments

• PXL_20211012_115119844.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211012_115119844.MP.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 338
It seems like only 2021.32.22 code branch has the button, and 2021.36 doesn't have to include things that were specially added to a 2021.32.x. Potentially Tesla will merge the button code to 2021.36.x or other newer versions.

I believe one benefit of having FSD on 2021.36 is that you can perpendicular autopark with just parking lines instead of requiring 2 adjacent vehicles.

Reactions: ChimpledPot
Tesla will not roll you back to 2021.32.22 with the button if you’re already on 2021.36. You’ll need to wait for a new branch of 2021.36.xx with the button included if that ever happens. I’m not sure Tesla wants to continue to open the pool or not though, seems unclear.

I believe the "request FSD" button came with 2021.32.22. So until you're at a current, non-factory production build (likely 40.6), you won't see it. Once you do, then you can opt-in and play the Safety Score game.

You cannot request an update to a newer version - you have to wait until Tesla updates you to the latest (40.6) before you can request. If your car is just delivered, the only thing you can really do is connect to Wi-Fi every night and hope something comes.

I took delivery of my 2022 model three on November 16, 2021 I immediately upgraded to FSD and paid for the subscription I didn’t get the option to accept the FSD Beta. The option is not at the top of the autopilot option page. I have all of the normal FSD options, but not the button to select the FSD beta. Nor do I have the option to get a driving score any ideas getting a hold of customer support or service is very Challenging