Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone interested, I just got back from the Service visit regarding the infotainment system going to 💩. In my case, I have observed that this seems to happen more if I had the vehicle on a charge cycle. My SoC is 80% regularly, but I recently decided to run it down to 50% before charging. I did not have to reset the screen this morning.

The official statement from the service person is that this is a firmware issue and the engineering folks are now aware of this. they hope to resolve this by the next update.
Huh. Entertainment/firmware reboot issues were supposed be fixed in the .36 release.

Yeah I had it stop a few times over the last few weeks and had never been a problem before.

But then it's been real hot lately, had A/C on full in whole house, multiple people at home with multiple TV's and computers on, along with full lighting.

Charging the car at the same time was prob not a good idea.

Error log stated the wiring was getting warn. It either slowed down the speed or just quit.

Hasn't been a problem since I figured it out.

Yeah I had it stop a few times over the last few weeks and had never been a problem before.

But then it's been real hot lately, had A/C on full in whole house, multiple people at home with multiple TV's and computers on, along with full lighting.

Charging the car at the same time was prob not a good idea.

Error log stated the wiring was getting warn. It either slowed down the speed or just quit.

Hasn't been a problem since I figured it out.

I would definitely check that out. I live in Houston where A/C is on 23 hours a day and ambient is hot. If you're getting errors about heat on the UMC outlet plug that's a serious issue you should address. I had similar errors after a couple years using the same 14-50 and discovered a terminal in the outlet that was extremely loose.

I would definitely check that out. I live in Houston where A/C is on 23 hours a day and ambient is hot. If you're getting errors about heat on the UMC outlet plug that's a serious issue you should address. I had similar errors after a couple years using the same 14-50 and discovered a terminal in the outlet that was extremely loose.

Thanks. I did. Turns out there was something else on the same circuit and car was trying to charge at 12/15A. The two combined was obviously something that never should have been.

Anyone find that this update makes the car beep at them every 30 seconds while parked at home in garage? SEntry mode on or off doesn’t make a difference. Parked elsewhere doesn’t seem to beep.

But parking car in garage (closed in on three sides), and then leaving car and then coming back and passing an ultrasonic sensor causes the car to beep every 30 seconds for some length of time. It seems to eventually stop but I hvaen’t hung around to wait. But then go back past a sensor and it starts beeping again.

Anyone find that this update makes the car beep at them every 30 seconds while parked at home in garage? SEntry mode on or off doesn’t make a difference. Parked elsewhere doesn’t seem to beep.

But parking car in garage (closed in on three sides), and then leaving car and then coming back and passing an ultrasonic sensor causes the car to beep every 30 seconds for some length of time. It seems to eventually stop but I hvaen’t hung around to wait. But then go back past a sensor and it starts beeping again.
Haven't had that issue myself. Was just sitting in the car yesterday completing a work call and no issues. Was in the car for another maybe 2-3 minutes taking some notes and didn't have it beep at me. Sorry, probably not helpful but just a data point.

I hope it's not a sensor issue - is the beep like the "back up" beep, or something different?

Just sitting in the car won’t cause it. You have to walk past and trigger one of the sensors.

It’s a clear distinct loud typical single beep (not a UFO or other weird sound). I assume it comes from the same pedestrian speaker although I haven’t confirmed.

There were a few people in the Model 3 section reporting similar behavior, but no one has any info.

Just sitting in the car won’t cause it. You have to walk past and trigger one of the sensors.

It’s a clear distinct loud typical single beep (not a UFO or other weird sound). I assume it comes from the same pedestrian speaker although I haven’t confirmed.

There were a few people in the Model 3 section reporting similar behavior, but no one has any info.
Oh, yikes. Just walked out and around my car a couple times and wasn't able to trigger anything (other than handles presenting). Opened the garage door as well (I back in so front is very close to door, and nothing there either. Sounds like something's definitely going on.

36.5.1 is installing now. @bhzmark - given the incremental update and timing from 36.5, I wonder if it's to fix the sensor beep issue.

Edit to add: exactly the same release note ("app improvements") as 36.5 - furthering the thought this was a bug hotfix.

Last edited:
I wish they would just do what iOS does. Release same version OS for all vehicles with specific changes per vehicle. Instead of having all of these version numbers that who knows go to what vehicle lol. Like if a Model Y is on the latest firmware and it's 10.5 then Model S on latest firmware would be on 10.5, regardless of their car specific features. Betas would be on their own... 10.6 beta or whatever
The advanced option under software menu is like being on the iOS beta program. You’ll be getting the latest updates but a bit buggy. If you select the standard option in the software menu you’ll be getting the most stable software updates. I’ve been on the standard option for the past 3 months and all of my updates have been very stable. I prefer having less bugs over having the latest features early. I see a lot of people complain about the bugs (not you specifically) and if the bugs really bother people I’d switch over to the standard software setting.

The advanced option under software menu is like being on the iOS beta program. You’ll be getting the latest updates but a bit buggy. If you select the standard option in the software menu you’ll be getting the most stable software updates. I’ve been on the standard option for the past 3 months and all of my updates have been very stable. I prefer having less bugs over having the latest features early. I see a lot of people complain about the bugs (not you specifically) and if the bugs really bother people I’d switch over to the standard software setting.
I meant more in terms of FSD integration. Like 32.25 is FSD beta software for most cars, 32.26 is beta for refresh cars, both missing out on features from .36.x. Also 32.22 is for the people who enrolled into beta with safety score, as well missing out on .36.x features.

Why aren’t the updates for whether you have FSD or not the same, with remote triggers for enabling FSD services for those who either have FSD package or beta?

In iOS 15 each device got their own appropriate features, as well as whatever comes with iOS 15 update itself.