Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received 2021.36 last night. I searched for this and didn't see it anywhere (so forgive me if it's answered already). Anyone notice that the percentage/miles toggle when clicking the percentage doesn't work? Or is it just me? I haven't tried to reboot it yet (I'm at work at the moment, so I'll try that tonight and see if it helps).
@btenison What version were you running prior to the update?

Reactions: btenison
Just received 2021.36 last night. I searched for this and didn't see it anywhere (so forgive me if it's answered already). Anyone notice that the percentage/miles toggle when clicking the percentage doesn't work? Or is it just me? I haven't tried to reboot it yet (I'm at work at the moment, so I'll try that tonight and see if it helps).
Tried that first thing last night after the update and just now to be sure. Seemed to work fine. Tapping on the battery itself brings up charging screen. Tapping on percent/miles toggles and pops a "Saved" on my profile.

Interesting! The plot thickens.. I wonder if this was a pre-button early access user, or if he got the 2021.32.25 public version.

@jebinc fyi
Thanks, but this is an EAP person with a safety score of 95. Details posted in another thread. Firmware is .26, not the public beta .25 as a point of reference. At least it looks like the Tesla PR machine is hard at work, as are developers trying to close the gap.

Tried that first thing last night after the update and just now to be sure. Seemed to work fine. Tapping on the battery itself brings up charging screen. Tapping on percent/miles toggles and pops a "Saved" on my profile.
Interesting... On the trip home we tried it and it worked fine. Go figure. I have a witness that it didn’t work on the trip to work this morning.

Reactions: cwanja
Thanks, but this is an EAP person with a safety score of 95. Details posted in another thread. Firmware is .26, not the public beta .25 as a point of reference. At least it looks like the Tesla PR machine is hard at work, as are developers trying to close the gap.
Yep, I believe I’m the one who posted the firmware number in the other thread ;) just forgot to update this one. Plot thinned!

Yep, I believe I’m the one who posted the firmware number in the other thread ;) just forgot to update this one. Plot thinned!
@MarcG i think I got through via Twitter to EM and WholeMars…. Got a PR redirect reply from Mars, and others are commenting on that thread as well. I suggested they all check out TMC feedback. Hopefully something good will come from this SM effort.

I'm also stuck on 2021.32.22 and really anxious to get off of it; it has been a real step down reliability-wise from the previous build I have (don't remember the number, egh). Autopilot is noticeably worse both in town and on the highway, and the main screen & instrument cluster crash/reset at least every couple of days. Also the ultrasonic sensors started disappearing again with this update. A part of me wants to believe that they intentionally made Autopilot extra bad as a way of testing how attentive potential FSD beta testers are, but that doesn't explain the other bugs 🤷‍♂️

At any rate, if getting the FSD beta is really going to be based on the driver safety score, I might as well go ahead and un-click that button, because I'm not gonna be getting it any time soon ...

I'm also stuck on 2021.32.22 and really anxious to get off of it; it has been a real step down reliability-wise from the previous build I have (don't remember the number, egh). Autopilot is noticeably worse both in town and on the highway, and the main screen & instrument cluster crash/reset at least every couple of days. Also the ultrasonic sensors started disappearing again with this update. A part of me wants to believe that they intentionally made Autopilot extra bad as a way of testing how attentive potential FSD beta testers are, but that doesn't explain the other bugs 🤷‍♂️

At any rate, if getting the FSD beta is really going to be based on the driver safety score, I might as well go ahead and un-click that button, because I'm not gonna be getting it any time soon ...

I opted out of the beta yesterday with a current score of 98. I keep getting dinged for roundabouts and people on the highway pulling in front of me due to my safe distance. It will be a while before 98's see the beta so I will just opt out and enjoy the car a bit more.

Hoping that I do get off the .22 and get the yoke improvements. I have also noticed the screen at start up seems more funky and fuzzy than before 32.22 update

I opted out of the beta yesterday with a current score of 98. I keep getting dinged for roundabouts and people on the highway pulling in front of me due to my safe distance. It will be a while before 98's see the beta so I will just opt out and enjoy the car a bit more.

Hoping that I do get off the .22 and get the yoke improvements. I have also noticed the screen at start up seems more funky and fuzzy than before 32.22 update
@Ramphex Not happening! I think once you pushed the button on .22, you are F'd from the yoke improvements until/if ever you receive beta FSD load (that "might" have the yoke improvements built in). Feels like a BOHICA moment, to me.

Do let us know ASAP if you do get the improvements, as I will opt out as well then.

Reactions: Ramphex
Same. I need 1600 miles to go from 99 to 100 score. That’ll require over a month of driving with a 100 every day, which isn’t going to happen. As @Hayseed_MS mentioned, being at a safe distance on the highway makes people cut in front of you which causes unsafe following strikes even if they’re not your doing. Rush hour traffic also throws a wrench into the mix. The whole safety score is beta and is pretty garbage for anyone who uses their car as a daily driver. It’s great for stay at home moms who drive their car to the store a couple of times a week. At this point I’ve accepted that I won’t be getting the FSD beta so just give me .36 lol

Same. I need 1600 miles to go from 99 to 100 score. That’ll require over a month of driving with a 100 every day, which isn’t going to happen. As @Hayseed_MS mentioned, being at a safe distance on the highway makes people cut in front of you which causes unsafe following strikes even if they’re not your doing. Rush hour traffic also throws a wrench into the mix. The whole safety score is beta and is pretty garbage for anyone who uses their car as a daily driver. It’s great for stay at home moms who drive their car to the store a couple of times a week. At this point I’ve accepted that I won’t be getting the FSD beta so just give me .36 lol

I need a little over 4k miles to go from 97 to 100, so you're doing great! :) I had one 570 mile day on a road trip early on with a 97 rating that will never stop haunting me. 99% of it was on AP, but the mileage weighting for that day killed me based on the few parts I took over. Oh well.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
I need a little over 4k miles to go from 97 to 100, so you're doing great! :) I had one 570 mile day on a road trip early on with a 97 rating that will never stop haunting me. 99% of it was on AP, but the mileage weighting for that day killed me based on the few parts I took over. Oh well.
Yea, 4k miles to recover is a bit unreasonable. I don’t understand the algorithm either. My overall statistics don’t count towards how safe of a driver I am because they’re using some weird average of miles and daily scores.

Reactions: jebinc and bedoig