Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping I get 2021.36 soon. Model Y owners (myself included) have had "cruise control unavailable" a few times over the past week or so being on 2021.32.22 and one Model Y owner got service to upgrade him to 2021.36.22.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
I mentioned it on another thread but thought I'd point this out here too. The kW markings on the IC energy display are back.
1633615257161.png

Love the turn signal enhancements on the yolk. I can finally use the turn signals without having to look down at the steering wheel and find the correct button.

I wonder if this was their plan all along, and the software wasn't ready to detect when you were changing lanes? Or if this was quickly developed after backlash?

One thing that impressed me during my drive today is that as I signaled to move over into a left lane to take a full left hand turn - the blinker didn't turn off after I changed lanes as it had earlier. I think this was because it could see the left arrow painted in the lane I was turning into, so the car guessed that I wasn't just changing lanes, I was taking a full left hand turn. So far the AI has done a pretty good job at turning the blinker off at the right time, eliminating the need for a soft blinker.

The only time it's wrong is if you're trying to move over more than one lane on the highway. It turns off after one lane change, and you need to signal again for your next lane change. I didn't have navigation running, maybe if the car knew I was getting off the highway it would have kept my blinker on.

Have you got the 4.1 upgrade to your app? If so, it seems it can take a few hours after the upgrade for the system to recognize that the car has been updated and to enable the new features.

yeah, the app figured itself out. Its there now. Love that i can adjust on the fly to match solar output.

I deleted my post. I also mentioned that the KW display wasnt working. But the car was off. DUH

Just upgraded to 2021.36 on a 21 M3 ( radar) from 21.32.21. The updated IOS App takes about 30 mins after the update to .36 to unlock the variable amps and scheduled charging features. I thought something was wrong but there is just some kind of update delay for the app to show the enhanced features. Just something to be aware of.

So…
2021.32.21 doesn’t have the beta button.
2021.32.32 does have the beta button.

2021.36 has some kind of enhancements to 2021.32.21 that are not yet available or to 2021.32.22 ?
Basically but that’s how all software works.

.36 has features that .32.22 doesn’t have and subsequently .32.22 has a feature that .32.21 doesn’t have.

The fact that Tesla has update decision trees that aren’t always clear (and sometimes are) is a different story.

So…
2021.32.21 doesn’t have the beta button.
2021.32.32 does have the beta button.

2021.36 has some kind of enhancements to 2021.32.21 that are not yet available or to 2021.32.22 ?
Yep. Some of the enhancements are Yoke improvements (turn signals), and ability to control charge current/schedule from the app.

And I think Tesla selected .32.21 or .32.22 to be delivered to a car based on if FSD had been purchased/subscribed for that VIN or not.

Reactions: cwanja