Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.11 Regen Cold Dots Missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated 2 days ago on my 2020 M3 LR and noticed that I've got zero cold battery dots on my regen bar even though my car's been parked in 40 deg F weather. Anyone else in colder climates seeing this?

Sidenote--nice to see they moved the parking break icon up to the gear indicator now, no longer blocked by my right hand.

Just updated 2 days ago on my 2020 M3 LR and noticed that I've got zero cold battery dots on my regen bar even though my car's been parked in 40 deg F weather. Anyone else in colder climates seeing this?

Sidenote--nice to see they moved the parking break icon up to the gear indicator now, no longer blocked by my right hand.
Are the dots gone or did they just remove the blue color to match the stupid monochrome battery icon thereby making it impossible to read?

I struggle to see the dots, especially at night in dark mode. They are key to knowing what to expect for regen and acceleration and are basically unusable these days. I've even taken pictures of the dots with my phone so I could magnify them to see if I have any. It's ridiculous that Tesla has made them a single pixel and light grey.

I'm in a not cold area of California and I'm getting the regen dots and warning..

MY_regen_bars.jpg

And you are on 2021.4.11.x? You have just a few dots, you still have some regen available. And if it's 52F outside, it might have been lower than than the hours before so your battery is probably lower than 52F. I'm not saying that regen limitation disappeared. I'm saying they allowed a higher regen than before, for an equivalent battery temperature.
Prior, I would have zero regen until the battery reached a few degrees over zero C (around 40F maybe?) and would only reach maximum (85kW) when the battery reached around 21C (72F). Now I get more regen down low, and I have seen full regen at a 14C battery. Values noted using ScanMyTesla.

I drove over the weekend a few times in temperatures around high 20's and low 30's F. I typically would have several dots, and rarely ever have full regeneration. Both times I drove I had full regenerative breaking according to the bar, but it definitely wasn't according to the feel of the car off the gas.