Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.12 odd glitch [with power steering]

Recumpence

Mar 25, 2018
Chicago, IL
Moderator note: The first four posts in this thread are a merge of two threads on the same topic.

Hey Everyone,

Ever since receiving this update, I am having issues with my power steering. The amount of assist varies as I drive. It is not huge, but noticeable. Basically, it will suddenly require 50% or so more effort to steer. Then it goes away and steers normally.

I have 104,000 miles on my car. I am thoroughly familiar with it. It was not doing this before the update.

I put in a service request describing the symptom. I requested that Tesla remove this latest update to see if the problem persists.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Recumpence

Mar 25, 2018
Chicago, IL
Hey Everyone,

Since receiving this update, my power steering assist level changes as I drive. It is fine for a while, then suddenly 25% or so more effort is required to steer. Then it goes away and is normal again.

After 104,000 miles, I am very familiar with my car and this definitely happened with this latest update. This will be the third update in the 3 years of ownership that has been problematic. Frustrating.

I put in a service request asking Tesla to remove this update.

Any thoughts?

EVRider-FL

Aug 18, 2015
South Florida
I haven’t heard of Tesla removing updates, but good luck. I assume you’ve already tried rebooting, but if not, do that. How do you know for a fact that the update caused the problem and it wasn’t just a timing coincidence?

Reactions: jjrandorin

Recumpence

Mar 25, 2018
Chicago, IL
I haven’t heard of Tesla removing updates, but good luck. I assume you’ve already tried rebooting, but if not, do that. How do you know for a fact that the update caused the problem and it wasn’t just a timing coincidence?
It may be a coincidence. Tesla just resent the update. I am uploading it again after work. We shall see.

My car had 104,000 miles on it. It may ne something hardware related considering my mileage.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC