Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.15.12 now...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 3 updated to .4.10 just a couple of days ago, then updated to .4.15.12 this morning.

my Y updated to .4.18 yesterday. There definitely isn’t any order to the releases.

no new features have been noticed on any. And I haven’t come across any animals in the Y yet to see that “change”

Noticing no one who says they’ve gotten it is in CA. I wonder if they’re still ironing out the latest auto wiper rewrite and testing it with people who actually see rain this time of year.

That might be just because the subset of people who feel compelled to post about tesla software releases that number with the third octet (2021.x.x.XX) are somewhat small. I am in CA and I got this update, and dont normally post about receiving X or Y firmware update because I find the "Me too" posts on each of these versions silly.

I got it this morning in CA. The auto wipers used to wipe when there was no rain. I haven’t tested the update.

Mine used to do that when it was 1st introduced. My wipers would wipe at night after work because the light post above my car would set it off. Didn't bothered me. Was just weird. Sometimes at full speed like it's trying to get rid of bats.

Auto wiper would also skip and shutter at low speed as well which bothered me the most and made it not usable.

Both has been fixed since late 2018 or early 2019.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Yes, the order of the updates is a mystery. I was getting them within a week of discovery for the last couple of months and then they stopped. I was on 4.12.2 for a month and then bam - I got 4.15.6, 4.15.8, 4.15.10, and now 4.15.12 over the space of a week when it seems the majority of the fleet is going to 4.18. Go figure.

I received 15.10 Sunday and received 15.12 late last night with no new release notes. If the other online posts are correct including greentheonly, which seems very plausible, this is a forked version testing and validating the no radar approach. I've also noticed that since 15.10 was installed, my car has been uploading a lot more data back to HQ every night when I come home...averaging 200MBs per day in uploads. Typical data uploads are in the double digit MB range. I have a haunch Elon's diamond hands tweet was not in reference to crypto.

Reactions: rrohde