Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.15.12 now...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You sure someone wasn’t in front of you, even a good distance ahead?

I’m on same firmware and still getting warnings and requests to confirm without another vehicle ahead in same lane.
No, there was nobody ahead of or alongside. I did a double take when it happened because it felt so weird to just blow through the traffic signal albeit green. Something else weird happened just before that. As I approached a different changing traffic light I tried activating AP, which I seldom get the chance to do, expecting AP to initiate a stop and it didn't so I manually braked for the now red light. Like I said - weird behavior IMO.

I don't know what to say except that I found it weird and unusual. I'll go out again tomorrow, try replicating it under the same circumstances at the same traffic signal and report back.

Tried this morning again
I have a commute where I’m on a long suburban road with lots of lights at 5am. I had no one behind me so I let it do it’s thing and I came to a complete stop at a green.
Wish it was otherwise

I had an awful trip today on 2021.4.15.12 - it wasn't raining but loads of spray being kicked up from other vehicles from an earlier cloud burst.

Auto wipers totally blind to the spray even though view through the windscreen was pretty much non existent. Was on AP - NoA disabled due to poor weather. I had to rely on pressing the wiper stalk to see. If anyone was not familiar with the car and didn't know how to override the wipers it could have been very dangerous.

Ironically the wipers coped admirably with the cloud burst, but the lack of action for the spray was definitely a backward step - just not sure which version.

The TeslaCam view from the front facing camera was surprisingly clear most of the time, even if the drivers view through the rest of the windscreen wasn't. In car visualisations seemed to be pretty true to what was going on outside. No idea if Radar was still involved.

1621875461805.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I had an awful trip today on 2021.4.15.12 - it wasn't raining but loads of spray being kicked up from other vehicles from an earlier cloud burst.

Auto wipers totally blind to the spray even though view through the windscreen was pretty much non existent. Was on AP - NoA disabled due to poor weather. I had to rely on pressing the wiper stalk to see. If anyone was not familiar with the car and didn't know how to override the wipers it could have been very dangerous.

Ironically the wipers coped admirably with the cloud burst, but the lack of action for the spray was definitely a backward step - just not sure which version.

The TeslaCam view from the front facing camera was surprisingly clear most of the time, even if the drivers view through the rest of the windscreen wasn't. In car visualisations seemed to be pretty true to what was going on outside. No idea if Radar was still involved.

View attachment 665603
You can turn wipers on with a voice command

Okay, here's the latest.
I have V10.2 (2021.4.15.12 c65e2c0ab1ff)
I just got back after trying to duplicate (or not) my previously described behavior.
I have unequivocally verified my previous observation and more.
On Autopilot the vehicle blows through green lights without requiring any driver acknowledgment even if there are no vehicles in front or anywhere else around my car. The same goes for Traffic Aware Cruise Control (TACC).
At one intersection I was fortunate enough to be following a vehicle on (spacing setting 7) using TACC and not Autopilot was about to blow through a yellow light but I braked as gently as you could please anyone and came to a stop without any drama at all. The vehicle was moving at about 35 mph when it tried to go through the yellow light. Like I just said I stopped the car without any drama at all while just smh at how/why the new programming would have allowed this maneuver. I feel almost 100% certain any of the previous software versions would not have done this. To be completely clear about this action, I feel the vehicle would have been safe if I had allowed it to go through the yellow light but if there had been a red light camera I very well might have been caught exiting the intersection on a red light. Thankfully we don't have red light cameras here. I think they are a terrible non-solution to the problem of people who habitually run red lights.

Anyway, ask away because I know there are going to be questions.

Okay, here's the latest.
I have V10.2 (2021.4.15.12 c65e2c0ab1ff)
I just got back after trying to duplicate (or not) my previously described behavior.
I have unequivocally verified my previous observation and more.
On Autopilot the vehicle blows through green lights without requiring any driver acknowledgment even if there are no vehicles in front or anywhere else around my car. The same goes for Traffic Aware Cruise Control (TACC).
At one intersection I was fortunate enough to be following a vehicle on (spacing setting 7) using TACC and not Autopilot was about to blow through a yellow light but I braked as gently as you could please anyone and came to a stop without any drama at all. The vehicle was moving at about 35 mph when it tried to go through the yellow light. Like I just said I stopped the car without any drama at all while just smh at how/why the new programming would have allowed this maneuver. I feel almost 100% certain any of the previous software versions would not have done this. To be completely clear about this action, I feel the vehicle would have been safe if I had allowed it to go through the yellow light but if there had been a red light camera I very well might have been caught exiting the intersection on a red light. Thankfully we don't have red light cameras here. I think they are a terrible non-solution to the problem of people who habitually run red lights.

Anyway, ask away because I know there are going to be questions.
Undoubtedly a glitch, as every other build of 15.12 (including mine) behaves as is typical.

Undoubtedly a glitch, as every other build of 15.12 (including mine) behaves as is typical.
At least I satisfied my own curiosity as to the consistent nature of the glitch. I'm retired from a career in computer support and I'll tell you that I rarely saw a consistent misbehavior of software from one computer platform to another. AAMOF I can't recall any specifically. Furthermore with the Tesla TACC and Autopilot being directly supportive of living beings within and around the controlled vehicle I'd like to think such a random occurrence would be impossible at least insofar as it applies to manmade devices. I wonder if anybody following this saga of mine has checked their software build number beyond the simple point release numbers - into matching the letter string that is also part of their software release.

I think it's possible though unlikely that Tesla has deliberately salted the Tesla community with a small number of slightly various software distributions but it would go against all software release rules of convention that I'm aware of to do so without a differentiating code indicating the different software releases. Why Tesla would do this without notifying the driver/owner goes beyond my understanding.

I almost forgot to add one more possibly relevant detail. Before I bought my Model 3 I owned a Model S85 and I was a member of the Early Access Program (EAP). I did not get many software updates and the updates I did get were well documented and descriptions sent to me via email attachments. I just had a laugh looking at one. Anyway I applied for the FSD Beta early test program albeit late but only received an Automatic Reply form letter that stated
"We are currently reviewing all inquiries into the Full Self-Driving Early Access Beta Program"
That's now my full disclosure even if it doesn't apply to my present situation.

Last edited:
I cannot imagine Tesla would drop a random number of this “version” into vehicles without a warning to the user. They’re pretty deliberate about major changes such as no confirmation for green lights.
You should reach out to service.

I cannot imagine Tesla would drop a random number of this “version” into vehicles without a warning to the user. They’re pretty deliberate about major changes such as no confirmation for green lights.
You should reach out to service.
I know it's not what you meant but I do have a Mobile Service tech coming out the day after tomorrow to replace my Charge Port assembly. I will ask him although he most likely won't know anything about it. He might have another software update for me.

What do you think people? If he has another update should I let him install it?

Here is another observation about my current software situation. I seem to be paying more attention to what the vehicle is doing than before the update. The result is that I've noticed better human imitation TACC / Autopilot braking as the car approaches a stopped vehicle or any stop for that matter. Accelerating from a stop seems more human like as well. I think I am detecting slightly more decelerative regenerative braking as well. There does still remain the extra safe aggravating problem of slowing down for too long after a vehicle has departed the road from the intended path of travel. I think what I am leading up to stating is that I could live with this software load without any problem. I apologize if I've come across like I'm complaining about my latest software update because I'm not.

I know it's not what you meant but I do have a Mobile Service tech coming out the day after tomorrow to replace my Charge Port assembly. I will ask him although he most likely won't know anything about it. He might have another software update for me.

What do you think people? If he has another update should I let him install it?

Here is another observation about my current software situation. I seem to be paying more attention to what the vehicle is doing than before the update. The result is that I've noticed better human imitation TACC / Autopilot braking as the car approaches a stopped vehicle or any stop for that matter. Accelerating from a stop seems more human like as well. I think I am detecting slightly more decelerative regenerative braking as well. There does still remain the extra safe aggravating problem of slowing down for too long after a vehicle has departed the road from the intended path of travel. I think what I am leading up to stating is that I could live with this software load without any problem. I apologize if I've come across like I'm complaining about my latest software update because I'm not.

are u saying it auto stops on red but goes on green without lead car?

did you check the AP settings to see if anything changed?

First decent drive on 15.12 and not impressed with the V3 wiper behavior. Its OK for normal rain but it seems to completely ignore road spray and is totally useless.
Being in Texas I turned off the traffic light beta. TX uses yellow warning lights which are two flashing yellow lights - EAP sees those as traffic lights about to turn red and tries to stop for them.
Biggest issue around here is the constant and random phantom speed limit reduction. Driving along at 68 in a 65 and it just decides that the speed limit is 35 instead and rapidly decelerates to 40mph - always paying attention but bloody uncomfortable for passengers when it lurches to brake and I override back to normal speed. I bug report as many as I can, but its a PITA.
Lots of uploaded data though, so hopefully someone notices.
Upside is that its better than 15.10 was.

Yes, mine is exactly as it was before. Stops unless I’m the lead car and the cars comfortable it’s clear.
My observation about my software update didn't involve the car stopping for a green light without acknowledgement but rather it just proceeds through it unacknowledged by the driver. I suppose you could best describe it as FSD Beta lite without the City Streets NOA aspect. We might be on the same page. Let me know if we are talking past each other.

My observation about my software update didn't involve the car stopping for a green light without acknowledgement but rather it just proceeds through it unacknowledged by the driver. I suppose you could best describe it as FSD Beta lite without the City Streets NOA aspect. We might be on the same page. Let me know if we are talking past each other.
Sorry, I wasn’t very clear. No mine will always give me a warning the car is stopping for the light unless I acknowledge with the gear shift or pedal. If I’m following traffic through the light my car will proceed without any acknowledgment. So mine is be just like it did before the update.

Reactions: Jeff Hudson