Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.15 update fixed YouTube login

allenshaw

Sep 7, 2019
Dallas TX
Just wanted to share that I just updated to 2021.4.15 on my 13 P85 with MCU2 infotainment upgrade and it fixed the YouTube/Google sign in security “glitch”. Hope it fixes it for anyone else too that was having troubles signing in!

Reactions: theothertom

allenshaw

Sep 7, 2019
Dallas TX
Bummer. It was the first thing I checked right after the update and it worked for me. I went straight to the YouTube app, hit sign in and it worked on the first try.

galvatron

Mar 15, 2020
WA
I just checked in the YouTube app and I concur with BioSci above. Login still rejected from insecure browser.

I also checked album art for USB drive audio, and that is still not working at all. No album art. :-(

allenshaw

Sep 7, 2019
Dallas TX
I would like to note that I immediately did the scroll button w brake pedal reset right after the update completed and went straight to the YouTube app for login and it worked for me. Sorry it didn’t work for you guys. Try a reboot if you haven’t already. :(

Reactions: outdoors

Anndybo

Feb 7, 2020
IL
I just checked in the YouTube app and I concur with BioSci above. Login still rejected from insecure browser.

I also checked album art for USB drive audio, and that is still not working at all. No album art. :-(
try to log in on tesla browser to RuneScape . com game with your google login and after, you should be able to login to YT.

Art_Vandelay

Attractive Membrane
Jun 12, 2016
Elon’s left eyebrow
I got this update and now my headlights won't turn off.
1618458549096.png

croman

Nov 21, 2016
Chicago, IL
I got this update and now my headlights won't turn off.

Headlights turned off around 2am. Actually it was only the left that stayed on. Reset, power off, roadside support, all failed to fix the issue. Apparently a fuse blew and they insist the update had nothing to do with that. Just a coincidence. Going in for service.

Randy Spencer

Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
I would like to note that I immediately did the scroll button w brake pedal reset right after the update completed and went straight to the YouTube app for login and it worked for me. Sorry it didn’t work for you guys. Try a reboot if you haven’t already. :(
You got me all excited, so I ran out and tried to sign in. It didn't let me so I tried the brake pedal reset and tried again, nope. No worky

tonglaji

Feb 24, 2016
cary, nc
On my newly upgraded 2017, I tried plex and dropbox, and got the insecure browser error. Then I tried runscape, and successfully logged in to google. However, my YouTube still shows not logged in. It feels like the YouTube app is not sharing the same sessions with the browser.

Randy Spencer

Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
That what I think, but I am not a googleer, so I am not familiar with what all is there. I just use YouTube since long before google bought it, perhaps my issues are with my gmail vs my YouTube account (which I thought were merged a long time ago).

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC