Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.15 update fixed YouTube login

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked in the YouTube app and I concur with BioSci above. Login still rejected from insecure browser.

I also checked album art for USB drive audio, and that is still not working at all. No album art. :-(

I would like to note that I immediately did the scroll button w brake pedal reset right after the update completed and went straight to the YouTube app for login and it worked for me. Sorry it didn’t work for you guys. Try a reboot if you haven’t already. :(

Reactions: outdoors
I just checked in the YouTube app and I concur with BioSci above. Login still rejected from insecure browser.

I also checked album art for USB drive audio, and that is still not working at all. No album art. :-(
try to log in on tesla browser to RuneScape . com game with your google login and after, you should be able to login to YT.

I got this update and now my headlights won't turn off.
1618458549096.png

I would like to note that I immediately did the scroll button w brake pedal reset right after the update completed and went straight to the YouTube app for login and it worked for me. Sorry it didn’t work for you guys. Try a reboot if you haven’t already. :(
You got me all excited, so I ran out and tried to sign in. It didn't let me so I tried the brake pedal reset and tried again, nope. No worky

On my newly upgraded 2017, I tried plex and dropbox, and got the insecure browser error. Then I tried runscape, and successfully logged in to google. However, my YouTube still shows not logged in. It feels like the YouTube app is not sharing the same sessions with the browser.

That what I think, but I am not a googleer, so I am not familiar with what all is there. I just use YouTube since long before google bought it, perhaps my issues are with my gmail vs my YouTube account (which I thought were merged a long time ago).

2020 Model Y, sign in directly from “YouTube” under theater WORKS! It also seemed a bit less laggy on the UI loading and stuff… still no way to sign into Twitch though!

(But, you can go to Twitch.tv and sign in perfectly fine from there… it just loads the web version which is a big heavier on UI; chat, side bars, etc)

OK, I was showing the car to a friend here in NYC and was frustrated that a MKBHD video I was watching disappeared while we were talking and I couldn't retrieve it in History, so I tried to sign in for the millionth time. IT WORKED

Things I did different, I signed in using my phone number and my gmail password and I am in NYC very far from my WiFi