Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious as to how many of you that received 4.15 are on 'Advanced' vs 'Standard'.....
I'm on "Advanced" and I got it a few days ago.

The only problem we've had with it so far is that the day after the update, my wife had trouble getting the car to go into reverse after she had driven it the first time after the update.

I've driven it a lot since then, but haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

Reactions: X Fan
Upgraded last night and took a local trip today......this version still has significant challenges driving locally (wanted to turn into a driveway on Old 41 in Naples). Also, when I first took it out, I put the X in gear to back out and the indicator was still showing P but yet the vehicle still went backwards. I put it back in Park and then backed out and R was correctly shown.

SiriusXM capability still missing.....don't the SW Engineers get bug reports or perhaps is Sirius XM "take" rate small and thus doesn't move the bug fix for it as a high priority?

I suspect there is a all hands on deck to get the SW right for new S/X with stalks now eliminated.

btw: flashing yellow reaction is inconsistent. During one drive, the X just slowed down with no prompt whereas on another I did get a prompt.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
Chatted with tesla, this is their reply
"Okay, it looks like this seatbelt view was removed in a recent refresh of the software. I can pass along feedback to our engineers that you miss this feature and would like to get it back, and hopefully they will implement it in a future update."

why would they remove this safety feature? would love to have this than open my butthole feature.
On the Y this morning, I noticed that if you have previously chosen to ignore the seatbelt warning (such as if there's a childseat installed), then it doesn't show any new warning. I don't know what the usual functionality is in the Y since it isn't my daily driver and we don't usually have anyone in the backseat. If I touched the circles to undo things, it would show the seatbelt warnings again.

Both Model S have the update but I'll need someone else to try testing things since I couldn't see any warning when I tried testing by myself.

The 3 doesn't have the update yet so I can't test it yet.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Upgraded last night and took a local trip today......this version still has significant challenges driving locally (wanted to turn into a driveway on Old 41 in Naples). Also, when I first took it out, I put the X in gear to back out and the indicator was still showing P but yet the vehicle still went backwards. I put it back in Park and then backed out and R was correctly shown.
I wasn't with my wife when she had this problem, so I just talked to her a bit more about it after I read your post. She said that her experience nearly matched yours exactly, including the car actually moving after selecting reverse even though the indication on screen still said Park.

The takeaway here is that guys/gals need to be careful... If you still see a "Park" indication on the screen after selecting reverse, your car may move in reverse! Don't hit the go pedal.

I wasn't with my wife when she had this problem, so I just talked to her a bit more about it after I read your post. She said that her experience nearly matched yours exactly, including the car actually moving after selecting reverse even though the indication on screen still said Park.

The takeaway here is that guys/gals need to be careful... If you still see a "Park" indication on the screen after selecting reverse, your car may move in reverse! Don't hit the go pedal.
Not to denigrate anyone's experience - but isn't the appearance of the back-up camera on the screen a giveaway that you may be in reverse?

Not to denigrate anyone's experience - but isn't the appearance of the back-up camera on the screen a giveaway that you may be in reverse?
But that's the dangerous part of this bug. The screen does not change, at all, after selecting reverse. The screen stays exactly the same, and Park is still shown on the display. But hit the go pedal, and you will go in reverse.

The upside is that this appears to only happen shortly after the firmware is applied. It hasn't happened since.

Sorry for the OT post, but dang... I'd love to see a picture of your fleet!
I couldn't find a recent picture where all four are easily visible. First pic has S, S, 3 and Y in the background. Second pic shows Y, 3, S. The red S is kind of the red-headed step-child and wasn't included in that photo shoot. 😉

Attachments

• 20210321_194020.jpg
    20210321_194020.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 20210405_192420.jpg
    20210405_192420.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 82

This kinda sounds like critical error with the firmware, and Tesla should be forced to roll it back today (and probably reported to NHTSA).

This kinda sounds like critical error with the firmware, and Tesla should be forced to roll it back today (and probably reported to NHTSA).
Agreed.

I'm just not sure how to run this up the food chain, especially since I can't replicate the bug. It's one thing to give a verbal report of "this is what happened after a firmware update," vs. "here's a video of a reproducible bug."

The main concern is people using their cars for the first time after the update, as that seems to be when this bug hits. After that, it's fine. But so far it has been reported on a Model X by @X Fan and on our Model 3. So this has the potential of affecting a rather large number of cars. No report of it yet on the Y or S, but (of course) no reports doesn't equal no occurrences.

Last edited:
Had something very similar happen to me, it was either after I finished installing an update (2020.48) or after I downloaded an update and the car was waiting to install. Soft reset due to FM Radio not working and it reset the whole car, profiles, settings, trip counters, HVAC went crazy for a minute or two, and the car thought it was at Tesla HQ when it finally rebooted. I didn't report or anything cause you can't replicate it and I was only a week into ownership, so I didn't lose much other than my "lifetime" numbers.

I couldn't find a recent picture where all four are easily visible. First pic has S, S, 3 and Y in the background. Second pic shows Y, 3, S. The red S is kind of the red-headed step-child and wasn't included in that photo shoot. 😉
I hope I don't offend your cars, but I think the lighting is the most impressive part of those photos. :)

Back to topic: I've been on 2021.4.13 since taking delivery on 4/7, but as of this morning I have 2021.4.15 downloaded and ready to install. Hopefully tonight I'll remember to do it manually and video what's going on just in case I can repro the "reverse but not reverse" problem.

I would've given that post a "Love", but ever since the forum update, it's about impossible to select anything other than "Like" on FireFox for iOS. :(

Just.... gorgeous.