Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The look they give when you move the car is kind of like "What you think I was going to do something."
LoL, exactly.

I was sc'ing in Beaver, Utah one day, when a Model 3 pulled up and parked right next to me. I was the only other car at the sc at the time. The car was packed... guy, his wife, and three young kids in the back. The guy jumps out of the car and makes a beeline for the convenience store, while the wife got the car plugged in and started tending to the kids.

I moved my car over to a spot where I wouldn't be sharing. I actually didn't mind the loss of charge rate, as I wasn't in a hurry. But I could imagine that that young family wanted to get back on the road *fast.* I then explained to the wife/mother/busiest person on the planet how charge sharing worked. She thanked me profusely.

When the guy comes out of the convenience store, he looks at the situation... gets a look on his face like he just smelled a fart, and starts heading straight for me. The wife intercepts him, and they chat for a few. Afterwards, he starts walking back toward me with a completely different attitude. We talk for a few minutes, he says thanks for the information and asks would I mind demonstrating the charge sharing. So I re-positioned my car again and showed him. I'm in the taper curve by now, but it was still enough to slow him down quite a bit, as he was in the charging sweet spot.

I'm a bit baffled that Tesla doesn't educate new owners about such things, but oh well... I've made a few friends I wouldn't have otherwise.

Off Topic, sorry! :)

@HookBill Love the username and avatar. We have an Umbrella Cockatoo that we got as a baby in 1997. My boy turns 24 this August. He's a lot of work, but he's also an important member of the family. He's chilling on my shoulder right now while I have my morning coffee and read the forums.

Edit: Now that the coffee is kicking in, I think we might have already had this discussion. Getting old is hell. ;)

Last edited:
The obvious thing to me would be a graphic that showed up on all our screens when we're driving up to a supercharger that showed the layout and highlighted each pedestal with a fast, faster, fastest label or some similar concept of a color scheme. Perhaps there are too many layouts to consider. I've been to about 145 unique superchargers in my travels and most are similar.
That is such a great idea. Might have to Tweet Elon about that one.

I just installed 2021.4.15 on my Model S Raven Performance and have been hearing an intermittent gurgling sound coming from in front of the passenger cabin. I stopped the car and got out, it was quite loud. I turned the car off and back on and it went away for several minutes but came back. I am in Southern California with mild weather so I'm guessing it's not related to the cold weather improvements.

Is anyone else hearing this?

Peter

I just installed 2021.4.15 on my Model S Raven Performance and have been hearing an intermittent gurgling sound coming from in front of the passenger cabin. I stopped the car and got out, it was quite loud. I turned the car off and back on and it went away for several minutes but came back. I am in Southern California with mild weather so I'm guessing it's not related to the cold weather improvements.

Is anyone else hearing this?

Peter
No, your car is much too far away for me to hear 🤣

PXL_20210414_000825419.jpg

4.13 not only broke my Sirius/Xm connection but also made local driving more dangerous.

was driving down a 3-lane US41 in Naples the other day and my X made a hard pull to adjacent lane. Naturally there was a car there and since I always keep hands on the wheel I was able to exert significant pressure to stop.

Sigh, Tesla.

btw: Tesla should reimburse Sirius x owners for lack of service.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer