Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just updated to 2021.4.15, from 2021.4.13. I did not have the problems mentioned above with reverse: up on the stalk gave me an R and camera.

I cannot, however, log in to youtube. I wasn't able to do that before, either. I have yet to try any of the workarounds for that.

So just updated to 2021.4.15 a night ago, and oh boy do I regret that now. This afternoon no sound would play from the radio/bluetooth so I thought I should do a reboot using the scroll wheels. BIG MISTAKE. The Canadian car now believes it is a European car, along with its new inability to connect to LTE. Navigation maps were wiped, along with all the drivers profiles (including east entry). The keys still work, but are all listed as “unknown”. Ironically the radio and bluetooth now refuse to load, so my reboot fix didn’t even fix that. Any ideas?
Strange perhaps corrupt firmware on service menu settings you can try to reinstall the latest version

So just updated to 2021.4.15 a night ago, and oh boy do I regret that now. This afternoon no sound would play from the radio/bluetooth so I thought I should do a reboot using the scroll wheels. BIG MISTAKE. The Canadian car now believes it is a European car, along with its new inability to connect to LTE. Navigation maps were wiped, along with all the drivers profiles (including east entry). The keys still work, but are all listed as “unknown”. Ironically the radio and bluetooth now refuse to load, so my reboot fix didn’t even fix that. Any ideas?
I had the same issue with a former update. There's a thread about that problem here: Model 3 2021.4.12 update bug

So I haven’t experience the issues other had said but one issue I have since 2021.4.15 is that when turning on Climate from the Phone App it turns on but doesn’t enable A/C. I have tried both 4 finger reboot and a full power down for over 5 minutes and still the same. The car was registering 41C today inside so turned it on a left for 30 mins to test again, it got down to 35C and that was it. It’s only about 15C outside today but car is in the sun. Opened the car up and A/C was off and just fans blowing. This was fine when on 2021.4.14 - has anyone else noticed this? I have a S 75D and I use climate from the phone all the time and never a problem until .15 was installed.

Just notified that it's available for Val. Will do it later today and let you know if I get any of the wacky stuff.
Any chance you could see if you could duplicate the Reverse bug?

Summary:

It should happen within the first two times you drive the car after the update. Choosing Reverse as your first selection from Park should result in the screen not changing, Park still showing on the screen, yet the car will move in reverse if you hit the go pedal.

From what I've read so far, this only happens the first or second time you drive the car... at least, that's all that's been reported so far... there may be occurences of this happening later, but they haven't been reported yet.

Summary:

It should happen within the first two times you drive the car after the update. Choosing Reverse as your first selection from Park should result in the screen not changing, Park still showing on the screen, yet the car will move in reverse if you hit the go pedal.

From what I've read so far, this only happens the first or second time you drive the car... at least, that's all that's been reported so far... there may be occurences of this happening later, but they haven't been reported yet.
I will try it but I back my car into my driveway to reach my charging cable. So not going to be able to actually go in reverse....

Summary:

I just tried it, it went right into Reverse and displayed R on the screen.

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
Since I got 2021.4.15 it have been getting this new warning sound every few miles with or without Autopilots engaged. No warning notifications and everything seems fine just annoying that it goes off every few minutes. Sometimes it will go off 4 or 5 times in a roll.

Listen here:
New warning sound

BTW the CrossClimate+ tires are very noisy.

Since I got 2021.4.15 it have been getting this new warning sound every few miles with or without Autopilots engaged. No warning notifications and everything seems fine just annoying that it goes off every few minutes. Sometimes it will go off 4 or 5 times in a roll.
Check the speed limit warnings. I once accidentally set it to "chime" instead of "display" (or whatever the actual wording is). It's probably the same issue here.

Check the speed limit warnings. I once accidentally set it to "chime" instead of "display" (or whatever the actual wording is). It's probably the same issue here.

Thanks! It was set to chime. I don't even remember going into setting since it's been set to my likely for over a year. Only screen I go into is Service to look for that download button :)

"Phone in range" is not something that prevents the car from sleeping. Opening the app on your phone is a reason however.

Your car will wake up regularly, sometimes to charge the 12V battery, sometimes for cabin overheat protection... there are many reasons. When the car wakes up, you will hear the high voltage contactor click. After that, you will hear a coolant pump all along while it's awake, for 30 minutes, sometimes over an hour. Once the car falls asleep again, you will hear another click from the high voltage contactor as the car disconnects the battery.
During a software update, there might be other sounds.

yes, interesting that Tesla still thinks that tweaking cold weather improvements is important when half the country is already into spring. :oops: Then again, maybe they are just too lazy to change the text.
Hehe.... Such an American thing to say. Some of us in the rest of the world are still in need, now and for coming seasons. (I'm just jealous of you) 😂😘

Hehe.... Such an American thing to say. Some of us in the rest of the world are still in need, now and for coming seasons. (I'm just jealous of you) 😂😘
Where I live in Colorado, it's currently 7F (-14C) and we just got another 5" (12.5 cm) of snow last night. More snow is expected tomorrow. Winter isn't over everywhere in the US yet!