Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hehe.... Such an American thing to say. Some of us in the rest of the world are still in need, now and for coming seasons. (I'm just jealous of you) 😂😘
yea that's me. Of course we realize at any time of the year it is winter somewhere in the world. I guess I didn't make clear that the last 4 or 5 software iterations were about tweaks to the winter regen. I would have hoped it not to take that many changes for something fairly simple. Then again, as someone said, they probably just don't update the text that often.

On a side note, I've been to Sweden a few times and I really liked the culture and scenery. I just didn't like freezing my tail off most every time I went there.... obviously at the wrong time of the year.

Where I live in Colorado, it's currently 7F (-14C) and we just got another 5" (12.5 cm) of snow last night. More snow is expected tomorrow. Winter isn't over everywhere in the US yet!
Hopefully you will warm up soon. For us up here in the high desert, winter is just over, yet it is nice to see the snow back in the mountains behind me that typically lasts until about August or September.

.12 was pretty stable for me. .15 seems to hang up various features more, weird boot issues, auto-brightness on the displays, that kind of thing. Looking forward to the next set of bug fixes to fix the bug fixes, lol
Ouch. Plus the bug reports about Reverse gear.

I turned off Advance updates after the 🔥🔥 holiday update, so my Model 3 is now offering `.15`.

Is there a way to skip over `.15` or get `.16` right afterwards?

On my most recent trip to the Fremont factory this week, I noticed a big improvement to the lane changing in FSD. It may have occurred in this update or in the last 3 or 4 updates. Not sure when. I had it activated for most of the 250 mile trip along I80 south. Specifically, the car was a lot better at passing other slower cars and then getting back out of the passing lane when needed. On that route, I am usually in the passing lane going down the hill to Colfax until someone needs to pass. Anyone who has gone down that route knows the right lane is a LOT more noisy and rough than the left lane.

For the first time since my last trip 3 months ago, I noticed the car stayed in the left lane after I indicated not to move back to the right lane. But when a car started coming up from behind, it moved to the right lane (just as I was about to do it manually). Worked well many times. It never did that for me in the past. Lane changes seemed smoother. It was more forgiving to NOT pull into the passing lane with a car already in that lane and close. It would not not pass unless cars in that lane were far behind. Also I noticed it was not so quick to pass a car the momentarily went slower than my set speed. In the past, it would dart out in to the passing lane without pausing to see if the car in front would speed back up.

I can think of only 2 times on the trip where I needed to over-ride its thinking as I didn't want it to be changing lanes while I was distracted talking to others in the car. I hope things continue to improve along these lines as some people still have issues with it.

Is there a way to skip over `.15` or get `.16` right afterwards?
Several times in the past when I hear of issues in an update that I didn't want to deal with, I just ignored to install the download. That doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get the very next available update. Maybe yes, maybe no, but at some point you will get another update. I always have. Ignored updates at least 5 times in the past.

Several times in the past when I hear of issues in an update that I didn't want to deal with, I just ignored to install the download. That doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get the very next available update. Maybe yes, maybe no, but at some point you will get another update. I always have. Ignored updates at least 5 times in the past.
Yep, I have been ignoring it steadily since reading this thread. One word of caution. Don’t hit the “Schedule later” option, or it will download at some point. I made that mistake once.

Strange to see such a delay in anything new in the firmware.....

We are barely seeing anything in the branches of the week 4 release other than bug fixes. I question what these "fixes" are and if anything. My car has introduced new annoying habits it didn't have before with these "branches of 2021.4....

Considering that all these new releases (which are trickling out and have really almost stopped) are a just a branch of the week 4 firmware....

We are currently sitting at week 17..... So, I can't remember the last time there was such a gap between new releases...

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
I used to have a huge delay when exiting Netflix or YouTube. It was a bit random and didn't happen all the time. An earlier firmware update reduced it down to about 10s (still random), but now existing is nearly instantaneous with the .15 firmware.
These problem was introduced to me way back with the Xmas release..... In fact, when watching YoutubeTV for about 10 - 15, I can tell the memory starts to fill up as the image starts to freeze and stutter... This eventually causes the app to stall and sometimes causes a reboot...

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Strange to see such a delay in anything new in the firmware.....

We are barely seeing anything in the branches of the week 4 release other than bug fixes. I question what these "fixes" are and if anything. My car has introduced new annoying habits it didn't have before with these "branches of 2021.4....

Considering that all these new releases (which are trickling out and have really almost stopped) are a just a branch of the week 4 firmware....

We are currently sitting at week 17..... So, I can't remember the last time there was such a gap between new releases...
And they they have not fixed any of the actual UI trash they rolled out with the 'holiday update', at least on the 3/Y. I know the S/X gots some font size tweaks at least.

I'm not sure this change happened with 2021.4.15, but now the proce for the current charging session increments by $0.01 where before it would jump by the price for kWh. However the final charge is still in for a whole number of KWh. Maybe Tesla is moving towards more accurate charging but haven't updated the back end yet.