Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla responded to the global chip shortage by swapping out some chips and adapting the software (and perhaps circuit boards).

That's an impressive agile response made possible by vertical integration and the ability to OTA fix bugs to the new software adaptations. Most automakers have to wait for suppliers to adapt and thoroughly test the changes.

It does suggest that the recent bug fixes have been a lot about this.

On UI changes, I'm supportive of what they're doing but they rushed out a big change without the FSD update that it was likely made for, without usability testing, and containing text that's unsuitable to older eyeballs and warning indicators hidden behind a hand on the steering wheel. Ship a work-in-progress with safety issues just because Elon promised a holiday update? It had almost no advantages besides SC status on the map (and, um, sleigh bell sounds).

Just got 2021.4.15.6 this morning. It was just "minor cold weather improvements".

Kind of weird that we are getting cold weather improvements in May. Also, it seems like we've been on a very long streak of updates now with no major improvements. I guess the team is really focused on getting FSD Beta ready for wide deployment. Nobody is working on anything else?

Also, it seems we never got part 2 of the holiday update that Elon mentioned. What happened to that?

Reactions: timdoes
These are bug fixes for the bug fixes

Also have noted more hysteresis (hunting for a stable state) in autopilot steering since this update, and quicker/easier cancelling through steering effort of autosteer when turn signal is activated first.

But overall, yeah, these are refinements to refinements

These are bug fixes for the bug fixes

Also have noted more hysteresis (hunting for a stable state) in autopilot steering since this update, and quicker/easier cancelling through steering effort of autosteer when turn signal is activated first.

But overall, yeah, these are refinements to refinements
And for the first time in quite a while, had a phantom braking episode under 15.6 this morning.

Just got 2021.4.15.10 which is cold weather and minor bug improvement.
20210516_084326-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I just updated to 2021.4.15. now, none of my cameras work. The screens are black with a spinning wheel indication that its loading. Cant use auto pilot. did the steering wheel resets and a complete power off. didnt fix the issue. Not sure what else to do.