Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1620496007615.png

I'm about to celebrate 1 year of MY ownership. The updates seems to have dried up since the holiday dud-date, minor bug fixes aside. Is this unusual for Tesla? As the major brands ramp up EV development and releases, if this is the new normal, Tesla will have squandered a major differentiator, at precisely the wrong time.

I'm about to celebrate 1 year of MY ownership. The updates seems to have dried up since the holiday dud-date, minor bug fixes aside. Is this unusual for Tesla? As the major brands ramp up EV development and releases, if this is the new normal, Tesla will have squandered a major differentiator, at precisely the wrong time.
This is an unusual dry patch, especially with long list of things they need to fix with the holiday update UI. I would assume it is still all-hands-on-deck getting V11 ready for the new S and X and also for the rest of the fleet. That is a whole new set of screen layouts they need to support (and a new screen in the back seat). Just kind wish they had not dumped the half-baked UI on us for Christmas and then went radio silent.

If I put that in my revision history at work I'd probably get into trouble.
Definitely. It would actually help both parties when details are provided of what bugs have been squashed. It's good for us, so that we get an idea if one of our concerns has been addressed (increasing satisfaction), and good for Tesla as then we can advise whether the issue has truly been resolved in the wild. Of course, downside of the latter is that if not resolved after all, that could create negative feedback. Personally, I'd rather know...
Bring it on!

This is unusual in my two years of ownership.

I hope they'll finally fix the constant false "Window is not fully closed" notification errors. This would have been a useful feature, except it has always given false alerts since its inception, so it'll be crying wolf if it ever starts to work accurately unfortunately...
You need to calibrate your window stops. Roll them all the way up by holding the button. Release, pull the button again and hold for 10 seconds. Repeat individually for all windows.