Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.18.10 release notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated this morning, still didn't seem to fix sentry mode. Damn

I'm very pleased to report that (at least for me), Sentry mode is now working. I purchased my Model Y about 2 weeks ago (with software version 2021.4.18.2) and spent days trying to get Sentry to trigger with absolutely no luck. After installing 2021.4.18.10 today, I've been able to trigger it fairly easily with movements around the car that you'd expect to trigger it. Nice!

Reactions: Curb71
I'm very pleased to report that (at least for me), Sentry mode is now working. I purchased my Model Y about 2 weeks ago (with software version 2021.4.18.2) and spent days trying to get Sentry to trigger with absolutely no luck. After installing 2021.4.18.10 today, I've been able to trigger it fairly easily with movements around the car that you'd expect to trigger it. Nice!

Can confirm this as well. I took delivery of a radar-less tesla model 3 in June on software version 2021.4.18.2 with broken sentry mode. Just updated to 2021.4.18.10 and it's working now, hopefully will stay this way!

Another thing if note is that as a human I'm often looking anywhere from 5 to 30 cars ahead. I'm only a month into driving my model 3 FSD but it seems to let heavily off what the car immediately in front of it is doing and as a human driver thats only one of the metrics I use to decide if I'm going to break or not. The upshot being that the car takes an uncomfortable amount of time to break in some cases for me.

Reactions: queenamydala
We still can't lower the ACC following gap to less than 3. This is the one item I'm missing the most. I don't use it at low speeds, but on the highway, it's essential.
I usually only set the following gap to less than 3 when I am in bumper to bumper traffic. At 3 and above, the car stops too abruptly to far behind the car in front of me annoying the people behind me and inviting people to the sides of me to pull ahead of me... I really need a 1 setting for bumper-to-bumper traffic

Autopilot does hold at 80. Got a warning, but he did say it is a beautiful car!! Not sure if Sentry works yet though.

Attachments

• BB0B6823-17A7-4F33-91BE-A0C2FC032A22.jpeg
    BB0B6823-17A7-4F33-91BE-A0C2FC032A22.jpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 74
Just went out and checked the car (it's pouring rain here) and I lost all my FSD functionality after the software update. Navigate on Autopilot, Traffic Light and Stop Sign control, Full Self Driving and Visualization Preview are all grayed out with "not supported in current region", it worked today with 20213.103. It will suck if I just paid $10k and no functionality of FSD....mobile service will be here Friday so hopefully they can fix it.

Just went out and checked the car (it's pouring rain here) and I lost all my FSD functionality after the software update. Navigate on Autopilot, Traffic Light and Stop Sign control, Full Self Driving and Visualization Preview are all grayed out with "not supported in current region", it worked today with 20213.103. It will suck if I just paid $10k and no functionality of FSD....mobile service will be here Friday so hopefully they can fix it.
A quick 15-20 minute drive resolved all issues without a reboot.

Reactions: queenamydala