Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.18.3 just dropped....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downloading it now...

IMG_5194.jpg

I went out for a quick drive on 4.18.2 and here the things I noticed:

1. AP on freeways and curvy mountain roads seem unchanged.
2. FSD's stop light control only warns me once (at 500 ft?) that its coming up to a set of lights. It used to warn me twice (500 ft, and then closer) and I'd have to ACK by pressing the gas pedal both times to proceed through. The second warning was redundant so I like this change.
3. Possible AP/FSD regression: I usually blip the accelerator at red lights after it turns green since AP/FSD accelerates soooo slowly. I did that at an intersection that used to give me problems (S Foothill Expy at Arastradero) and it caused a sharp steering input (hard right, then returned to center quickly) and a beep. AP/FSD got through the intersection, but it was a bit janky.

AP_Foothills_Arastradero_Jun17.jpg

I need to try again without blipping the gas pedal. I had people behind me today and didn't want to hold them up.

They fixed this intersection in a prior release and 4.18 was good as well.

I got 4.18.2 yesterday.

I'm very impressed with all of the updates Tesla has been making to AP/FSD, even though Tesla counts them as "minor" and can't be bothered to outline or provide details.

I didn't get held up at a red light at that same intersection (S Foothill Expy and Arastradero) this afternoon and 4.18.2 went right through the green light like I was driving.

Also, I was in the right lane due to slow traffic in the left. I usually avoid the right lane due to heavy cyclist traffic. AP/FSD was always timid around cyclists and slowed/braked when passing them even though there's a large cycling lane and no risk. I passed a cyclist today and 4.18.2 didn't slow/brake at all. Fantastic!

AP_Foothill_Arastradero.jpg

Am on no-radar 2021 MY, got .3 update Monday evening… I experience sometimes it only warns me once at a traffic light, sometimes it warns me 2-3 times so in my opinion that bug is still active/not fixed. There is also slow acceleration on green light at many times, and it accelerates way too fast at times when vehicle in front has just crested a slight hill … seems to define 4 cars away as more than 4 cars at times, others more like 3 …and there is a ton of inconsistency. That being said I just picked up the vehicle June 8, but to me .3 release is more inconsistent thus far and I have seen 0 improvements that I could say, “now on every green light I don’t have to hit gas pedal” … also It inconsistently reacts to traffic lights that are up but have been covered with black cloth due to them being brand new, not in use anymore, etc … drive this 1 road every day where for hitting accelerator at lights, and distance, it is different/unpredictable the whole way

I hope it doesnt remove that green light beep. I dont have FSD, but for some reason I still have the green light chime... no option to turn it off, but I like it.
My green light chime functions *most* of the times still — much more consistent than the warning that it will be stopping soon for traffic light/stop sign (which is sometimes once, sometimes multiple times, sometimes not at all for me).

Reactions: Tha_Ape
So I just had 2 gents from Tesla Mobile support come to my house to look at my lack of Sentry issue. As expected they couldn't
get it to work either. One of the guys had his laptop and was looking at diagnostic stuff on the car and it seemed to indicate
that the USB was not working. I proved that wrong because we were able to save clips successfully with the stock
Tesla USB and another one I had. He was on with the back end "Virtual engineering" team who wanted them to swap out the
glove box. The back of the glove box has a bunch of chips and stuff but after failing a few other tests he decided not to
bother.

While here I also showed them the Reddit thread which they read as well as a few other articled but this was the first they're
hearing of this issue in the Phoenix area. They send more logs to the Virtual guys and told me that team would be looking
at my car remotely and would reach out if they needed me to bring it in.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidAsheville