Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The map zoom issue seems to have resolved itself, but I've noticed a new issue.

I have automatic navigation enabled, which means the car will automatically navigate to an upcoming appointment in your calendar, if you included a location. When I get in the car, it wants to navigate to the next appointment as expected, but I'm not going there yet so I cancel the navigation. A few seconds later it tries to navigate there again, so I have to cancel again. Never saw this in earlier builds.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I went from the 4.15.x line to 4.18 expecting to see a retrograde step in AP behaviour but was very pleasantly surprised. Lots of time on AP/NoA yesterday and an excellent experience. I had to give up on voice dialing though. Its decent operation on 4.15.x was very short lived. It kept on wanting to text which isn't supported on my phone.

Reactions: rrohde
I went from the 4.15.x line to 4.18 expecting to see a retrograde step in AP behaviour but was very pleasantly surprised. Lots of time on AP/NoA yesterday and an excellent experience. I had to give up on voice dialing though. Its decent operation on 4.15.x was very short lived. It kept on wanting to text which isn't supported on my phone.
my car just upgraded to 18 after being on 15.12
I'll miss wipers V3 in most cases except for road spray, in which case it was dramatically worse
The 15 series introduced a whole bunch of random speed limit issues in places that were never previously issues, but overall felt better.
will be taking my usual 160mile round trip on mostly AP this weekend, so I'll be able to gauge it better.

Upgraded from 2021.4.15.12 to 2021.4.18 recently.

I experienced some Autopilot phantom braking whilst overtaking a HGV (heavy goods vehicle) on the previous version (I say phantom braking but it felt more harsh than it actually was - more like the car easing off the accelerator. Doubt it would've lit up the brake lights.)

On the newer version I was passing an HGV and the car seemed to move away from it, whilst remaining in-lane and without slowing. I'm not entirely sure if this was intentional though (maybe the car misread the lane lines or something and thought the centre of the lane had changed?) Only happened once so maybe I'm imagining things :)

I’m finding a bug in Navigation. If you’re pushing it, when the battery left to next stop drops below 8%, Nav punts and says no route to destination. Quite irritating when 2 miles from the chargers. Also broke auto dim- again.

I’ve been in 4.18 a while now and NOA has been flawless in terms of phantom braking, I’ve had zero phantom brakes where I used to have some issues in the past. I still have some mapping issues and this weird behavior where it wants to instantly move over at any sight of comes (even when not merging). But in general this has been a very reliable update in terms of AP behavior. I’ve also in very direct sun at low angle with terrible lane markings it has been remarkable at keeping lanes where prior versions easily lost NOA saying camera had poor visibility.

I am getting a lot of forward collision warnings that I've never had before, including when I'm on AP. Nothing in front of me at all. Got 3 in the past 2 days.

Anyone else?
Just a note to check the sensitivity settings - they seem to have changed. I always had it set to late for FCW, after a couple of similar phantom alerts, I checked and it had been reset to Early

I can confirm that the car likes to slam on the breaks now... I had auto pilot on and there was some slower traffic up ahead... was watching and was going to intervene when I had too and just as soon as I was about to presss the breaks my self it slammed the breaks. Now, doesn’t this behave hurt range? I’d like a more gradual slowdown like what I’ve seen previously....

Because they trashed our UI months ago and then walked away and went completely silent. If they had just left the UI in a good state and just done normal bug fix updates for the last 5 months almost nobody would be complaining.
Yep I'm still on 2020.48.12.1 (pre Christmas update) - haven't seen any significant improvements since then from what I've read. Some chat about better wipers but that was in 4.15 branch and no longer in 4.18 so still holding up for something decent!