Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine took longer than usual too.

Do we think this is the update that removes radar? It seems to be rolling out en masse.
This is a fourth digit update, which should typically only include "minor" improvements and bug fixes. Removing the radar is a huge thing, and I believe is part of the complete AI rewrite to go vision-only. I cannot believe that it would be included here as it would require the rest of the AI rewrite, which is the next version of FSD that people are beta-testing currently.

What a <><><> updates from past Dec, Elon should stop playing with crypto & stock markets and concentrate more on cars and features man.
Do you think that Elon is in the office writing code? He is a figurehead AND also has other companies (Boring, SpaceX, etc.).

I'm sure what's happening is that he is slowly removing himself/getting removed from day-to-day more and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Model Y Southern California just started software update (2021.4.18) in progress. it seems to be taking a long time.

Attachments

• Update.jpg
    Update.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Do you think that Elon is in the office writing code? He is a figurehead AND also has other companies (Boring, SpaceX, etc.).

I'm sure what's happening is that he is slowly removing himself/getting removed from day-to-day more and more.

You are right that Elon shouldn't be writing code. On the other hand the OP is correct in that outside of the winter regen change, very little in the way of improvements has come our way since December and somebody should be focused on getting out improvements. Especially the ones that Elon has more or less promised (e.g. showing the side cameras when the turn signals are turned on or adding more streaming sources).

A Tesla that doesn't improve through over the air updates starts becoming just another car.

Reactions: chengka and Slate
I'm not sure why there is such a disappointment that there are no major changes in these releases... We all know that there has been a complete rewrite of the code-base and that this will be released when safe to do so. As with any software development, they will not add any new bells and whistles to the old code-base but rather only make bugfixes where it is improving safety. I'm happy to see this as that means that a majority of the resources are working on the next version rather than wasting time on the current software.

So, I think we all have to take a chill-pill and wait for the button and it's related SW. :)
Wisdom in the group!

Reactions: bpjod and jbcarioca
I'm honestly surprised the forums software allows for two threads to have the same title. Are the thread creators able to rename the thread? To reduce confusion, could you rename this to something like "2021.4.18 (the bad one)"?
The SW doesn't track threads by title alone - it adds a serial number to it as well. For example, this (now merged) thread is 2021-4-18.228300 (with the green part the thread's serial number).

Hello everyone, new here. Recently got a 2021 Model 3 Standard Range in late January. Loved it so far, haven’t add any real issues up until this morning. Came home from work and updated it to 2021.4.18. After the update I plugged it into the same wall charger that I’ve been using, a 18’ Tesla Wall Connector on a 40amp breaker. Immediately got the “Charging Cable may not be plugged into vehicle securely” notification. Continued to un-plug and try and again. Nothing, was still getting very small charge 4kw vs normal 30kw. Decided to try a supercharger and did not get any charge at all. Was wondering if anyone else had similar issues or if they knew any possible fixes before contacting Tesla.

Hello everyone, new here. Recently got a 2021 Model 3 Standard Range in late January. Loved it so far, haven’t add any real issues up until this morning. Came home from work and updated it to 2021.4.18. After the update I plugged it into the same wall charger that I’ve been using, a 18’ Tesla Wall Connector on a 40amp breaker. Immediately got the “Charging Cable may not be plugged into vehicle securely” notification. Continued to un-plug and try and again. Nothing, was still getting very small charge 4kw vs normal 30kw. Decided to try a supercharger and did not get any charge at all. Was wondering if anyone else had similar issues or if they knew any possible fixes before contacting Tesla.
you try a reboot yet?

Reactions: bobby g