Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how new this is but it is new to me

D315299A-46C1-4632-89F1-96E75F52B388.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: Demonofelru
I can confirm that the car likes to slam on the breaks now... I had auto pilot on and there was some slower traffic up ahead... was watching and was going to intervene when I had too and just as soon as I was about to presss the breaks my self it slammed the breaks. Now, doesn’t this behave hurt range? I’d like a more gradual slowdown like what I’ve seen previously....

I was about to post this as well. Crazy people this weekend so lots of going 75-80mph to 10mph. I set my car follow length to 7, and I was almost rear ended 3 times in 30 miles. The car will keep that hard 7 length and not use it as a buffer to stop. I saved the 2 of the 3 and will look at the footage later.

I can confirm that the car likes to slam on the breaks now... I had auto pilot on and there was some slower traffic up ahead... was watching and was going to intervene when I had too and just as soon as I was about to presss the breaks my self it slammed the breaks. Now, doesn’t this behave hurt range? I’d like a more gradual slowdown like what I’ve seen previously....
I was in a bit of stop and go traffic today using Autopilot follow distance 2, and also found that it like to abruptly jab the brakes quite a bit sooner than it used to. Pretty much makes Autopilot unusable. Setting follow distance to 3 seemed to help, but maybe I was just following a car that braked more smoothly.