Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s really remarkable to be in the middle of May and still be getting software builds from late January. Something’s going on.

I don't think it works that way. The original 2021.4 branch is from January, but the point releases are probably much more recent. Based on what I've seen, Tesla doesn't create a new branch until they make significant changes. This isn't the first time we haven't seen major updates for months at a time.

I think this is in response to the recent AP drivers seat weight issue. its Been suggested there is code now for AP to disengage when it senses weight out of the seat. That would be great IMO. someone just needs to safely try this to check. I don’t have it yet or I would have already

I don't think it works that way. The original 2021.4 branch is from January, but the point releases are probably much more recent.
Agreed, but they’re still based on that January branch.
Based on what I've seen, Tesla doesn't create a new branch until they make significant changes.
Also agreed, what I’m saying is it’s pretty unprecedented to have no “significant changes” in nearly 5 months. We should be at 2021.20something by now.