Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.3 shows Bluetooth music time remaining—sometimes

CharleyBC

Jun 28, 2019
Talent, OR
It's a little thing, but I've wanted it for 2.5 years: time remaining in a song played via Bluetooth.

My most common music source is iTunes on my iPhone via a Bluetooth connection to the car. My $99 decade-old stereo in my old car could show track time on a Bluetooth song, but the Tesla couldn't. And then Saturday on my way to Costco with my spiffy new 2021.4.3, I noticed this:
IMG_1318.JPG

See that little "-6:20" under the song title? Cool! And it counted down nicely to zero at the end of the cut.

I would like it even better if it were a little progress bar, giving a feel for relative position within the song overall, but I'll take this.

Now here's the weird part. The timer only showed up for some songs, but not all. Let's say maybe half, though my errand wasn't long enough to have a very large sample space.

Next up: some way of showing what's behind the ellipsis after "Even in the Quietest..."

Reactions: spsheridan

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC