Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.3 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All is well with the update. Including wipers. Still notice that it drops 10 kmh at every crosswalk with overhead lights (when lights are not flashing). It’s not enough to really tick off anyone behind me but it happens on EVERY crosswalk of that type. Nobody on the sidewalk etc. I tend to be cautious around sidewalks anyway but this is a little too slow.

Jmho.

All is well with the update. Including wipers. Still notice that it drops 10 kmh at every crosswalk with overhead lights (when lights are not flashing). It’s not enough to really tick off anyone behind me but it happens on EVERY crosswalk of that type. Nobody on the sidewalk etc. I tend to be cautious around sidewalks anyway but this is a little too slow.

Jmho.
I have a similar situation. It is a diamond shaped sign with two yellow lights flashing alternately. It is an intersection in a curve and the lights are a caution, always blinking. It rapidly slows down each time but fortunately no one has been tailgating me when this happens.

Two things come to mind.
1- Does Tesla look to the rear before mashing the brakes in a non-emergency situation?
2- Is it a foregone conclusion that the Tesla will NOT learn routes or driving habits? It you take the same route every day even though the prescribed route is slightly different, will it EVER learn that you take the other route?

I have a similar situation. It is a diamond shaped sign with two yellow lights flashing alternately. It is an intersection in a curve and the lights are a caution, always blinking. It rapidly slows down each time but fortunately no one has been tailgating me when this happens.

Two things come to mind.
1- Does Tesla look to the rear before mashing the brakes in a non-emergency situation?
2- Is it a foregone conclusion that the Tesla will NOT learn routes or driving habits? It you take the same route every day even though the prescribed route is slightly different, will it EVER learn that you take the other route?

yah. Unknown. In our case it doesn’t really mash the brake pedal, it just drops about 10 km off the speed every single time it approaches one of these type of cross walks. Not enough to cause an accident but probably make the person behind me wonder if I was lost and looking for an address. Like I say. Not a biggy but kinda interesting.

Reactions: outdoors

Two things come to mind.

I think so....I believe a programmer has a brake check fetish

I got 2021.4.3 Last Week; and so far these are the new “fixes” I’ve noticed on my Model S

1. Backup camera is brighter
2. Bluetooth Music Time Remaining
3. Scheduled Departure Time is now shown additional on the climate control..

316C13D7-250E-4019-9C19-FE3F5C4E4E7F.jpeg

909C08A6-BA16-4F36-A3E1-E89E40D5D8F2.jpeg

you don’t just leave them on ‘auto’?

We set auto wipers on in our M3SR when we got it and haven’t needed to change it. Different story on the model S where auto means ‘maybe wipe, when I, the AI, decide. But not when you really want it puny human’.
I feel like that’s how the auto function works on my M3P. Sometime it’s fine, but most of the time they just do whatever they want. I had an Audi before and set wipers to auto and never had to touch them in 5 years. Feels like Tesla could certainly do a better job with this, even by adding a “sensitivity” setting in the settings menu.

I've been having dashcam issues with this update. It turns off for no apparent reason on some drives.

Mine has this issue, combined with AutoPilot stopping suddenly while driving due to "reduced visibility". It has happened even in the night, so no sunlight issue. When it happens, dashcam stops recording and lateral cameras are not displaying on the Camera app, as well as sentry is not avaible until next day that I pick up the car, very annoying.

BTW, 2021.4.6 didn't fix this issues on my 2021 MX

Mine has this issue, combined with AutoPilot stopping suddenly while driving due to "reduced visibility". It has happened even in the night, so no sunlight issue. When it happens, dashcam stops recording and lateral cameras are not displaying on the Camera app, as well as sentry is not avaible until next day that I pick up the car, very annoying.

BTW, 2021.4.6 didn't fix this issues on my 2021 MX

Once I got .6 and now .10, the dashcam seems to be working more consistently. With .3 when I saved footage, it would take 2 minutes to finish saving, but now it takes like 10 seconds.