Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.4.3 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 Model 3, LR here in California.

The 21.4.3 update came this afternoon and took about 25 minutes to install. I have "Advanced" selected in software updates. The release notes indicate this update only provided minor bug fixes and improvements.

Hopefully, my OS will stop crashing several times a week.

Laura

The only additional feature i'd like is a fix to the windshield wiper controls. I think it's terribly inefficient that when you want to turn the wipers on you have to:
1. Push the wiper icon
2. Turn on wipers
3. Select the wiper speed.

Then, once you've done that, the damn menu disappears. i find it common that during rainy weather, i often have to change the wiper speed. With Tesla, each time conditions change, i have to repeat the same sequence, taking my eyes off the road. If Tesla would just LEAVE the DAMN MENU UP while the wipers are on, this wouldn't be a problem

Laura

The only additional feature i'd like is a fix to the windshield wiper controls. I think it's terribly inefficient that when you want to turn the wipers on you have to:
1. Push the wiper icon
2. Turn on wipers

Then, once you've done that, the damn menu disappears. i find it common that during rainy weather, i often have to change the wiper speed. With Tesla, each time conditions change, i have to repeat the same sequence, taking my eyes off the road. If Tesla would just LEAVE the DAMN MENU UP while the wipers are on, this wouldn't be a problem

Laura

Luckily with PLAID, you won't have to push anything because there aren't any stalks. You'll just have a small menu to fiddle with during fluctuations.

• Funny
Reactions: KalJoMoS
1. Push the wiper icon
2. Turn on wipers

Laura

you don’t just leave them on ‘auto’?

We set auto wipers on in our M3SR when we got it and haven’t needed to change it. Different story on the model S where auto means ‘maybe wipe, when I, the AI, decide. But not when you really want it puny human’.

I agree that there needs to be a safer control for wipers, it’s the main feature that bugs me on the Model 3 since it’s kind of dangerous.
Voice control works but is quite slow to initiate.
Auto works for half the year (summer w/ rain) but doesn’t react super well to snow and terribly with road salt accumulation.

I assume Tesla will also need to start programming the car to use windshield washer fluid?
Here in Montreal I sometimes need to wash the windshield every minute or so when road salt has just been applied.

We set auto wipers on in our M3SR when we got it and haven’t needed to change it. Different story on the model S where auto means ‘maybe wipe, when I, the AI, decide. But not when you really want it puny human’.

Or, what I've experienced over the last couple of days:

Even on the lowest auto setting, it spends too much time on High-Speed even in light/misting rain.

Reactions: Master Chief

I keep them on 'auto', that works about 85% of the time during the day, and about 10% of the time at night if there are no street lights (which is most of my night driving since I live in the country). So quite a bit of manual intervention is needed for me. My car will probably have manual wiper controls in the future either after some court forces Tesla to retrofit the fleet or after there is a decent aftermarket kit. The worst thing about the car for me, and sad because it was totally avoidable boneheaded design decision.

I keep them on 'auto', that works about 85% of the time during the day, and about 10% of the time at night if there are no street lights (which is most of my night driving since I live in the country). So quite a bit of manual intervention is needed for me. My car will probably have manual wiper controls in the future either after some court forces Tesla to retrofit the fleet or after there is a decent aftermarket kit. The worst thing about the car for me, and sad because it was totally avoidable boneheaded design decision.

THIS. I DO think it was a design mistake to remove wiper controls from the right stalk, where they are on most ICE cars. That said, Tesla could/should redesign the OS so that wiper controls are more easily accessed. I continue to believe that the controls should remain visible once turned on.

As for Auto, reviews of auto wipers mirror my experience. it's a train wreck.

Laura

Reactions: smogne41