Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.40.6 - live sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi my 2020 model 3 went from 2021.36.5 to 2021.40.6 . But I don't see an option to toggle the live sentry mode nor do I see it in the release notes

I do not subscribe to premium connectivity though ? Could that be the reason . I guess my question is if I subscribe to premium connectivity does 2021.40.6 support live sentry view mode

Does 2021.40.6 enable live sentry mode capability ?

Sorry if this has been discussed before

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi my 2020 model 3 went from 2021.36.5 to 2021.40.6 . But I don't see an option to toggle the live sentry mode nor do I see it in the release notes

I do not subscribe to premium connectivity though ? Could that be the reason . I guess my question is if I subscribe to premium connectivity does 2021.40.6 support live sentry view mode

Thank you
No mention of it in the 2021.40.6 release notes but I thought it was released for US a while ago

According to Tesla app release notes 2021.40.5 or higher is required

What's New​

– Customize quick controls on vehicle homepage with a long press
– Adjust Cabin Overheat Protection
– Widget improvements
– Sentry Mode Live Camera Access on supported cars in select countries (*)

*Vehicle software version 2021.40.5+ required.

Thank you
Yes. All of my coworkers and I got the 2021.40.6 update within the last 2 days and we all got live sentry mode view here in SoCal. All of us got 2018 Model 3. Did you go into to your car's safety menu, scroll down to enable it?

With help from another TMC conversation, I just started a new Thread (Trying to Make Sense of Software Versions...) with a chart of recent software versions and features (like the Sentry Mode Live thing). Already we may be seeing contradictions that will require corrections. Take a look, if you will, and see if your experience matches the pattern exhibited in the chart.

I've had 2021.40.6 for a few days. Yesterday, about half way through a 30 minute drive, Tune In's CNN and MSNBC wouldn't play (loading error). Also couldn't change the cabin temperature via a voice command (communication error). About ten minutes later those problems went away.

Went out this morning and found the battery down about 5% and Sentry Mode was working (even though I have exclude home set). And the Home setting seemed to still be correct. Also when I entered the car the heater didn't come on (outside temp 40 F, cabin set to 70 F).

I restarted the TouchScreen (first time I've done so in eight months of ownership). That seems to have fixed things (the heat came on, Sentry Mode stopped working).

Restarting the TouchScreen is supposed to take 30 seconds (according to the manual). Seemed longer to me...but I was probably just being impatient.

Reactions: Huskyf
I restarted the TouchScreen (first time I've done so in eight months of ownership). That seems to have fixed things (the heat came on, Sentry Mode stopped working).

Restarting the TouchScreen is supposed to take 30 seconds (according to the manual). Seemed longer to me...but I was probably just being impatient.
You should get into the habit of restarting the touchscreen more often, just as you would any computer. I always restart after installing an update, for example. It typically takes longer than 30 seconds.

You should get into the habit of restarting the touchscreen more often, just as you would any computer. I always restart after installing an update, for example. It typically takes longer than 30 seconds.

Thanks, will do. I restart my other devices at least twice a month, maybe weekly. I know it helps.

When I pressed and held the two scroll buttons the activate via voice would always pop up. Does it help to press the left button slightly before the right button? Something else? Just ignore the touchscreen waiting for a voice command?

Reactions: Need
Thanks, will do. I restart my other devices at least twice a month, maybe weekly. I know it helps.

When I pressed and held the two scroll buttons the activate via voice would always pop up. Does it help to press the left button slightly before the right button? Something else? Just ignore the touchscreen waiting for a voice command?
I got the same thing. Just ignore the voice command for another second or 2 and the screen will go blank.

Reactions: DeltaOne
Wire tap laws in Canada are one party consent - there's no legal reason not to allow the live streaming aside from the data usage would be more expensive. I mean Tesla doesn't even allow you download the software over cell data even if you have premium connectivity.

Thank you
Hi! We have the same problem even though I have a premium subscription there's no way to toggle the live sentry mode on or off and the same goes with the release notes. I suspect that it might be blocked here in China. I've read that it is also blocked in Canada, too.

I've had 2021.40.6 for a few days. Yesterday, about half way through a 30 minute drive, Tune In's CNN and MSNBC wouldn't play (loading error). Also couldn't change the cabin temperature via a voice command (communication error). About ten minutes later those problems went away.

So it was a few days ago when I rebooted my touch screen to fix the problems described above.

Went for a drive yesterday and the car graphic on the left side of the screen seemed changed...it looks much better! Map graphics seemed to be better too...but not too sure if they had changed in the update.

But after the touch screen reboot I now find that Scheduled Departure isn't working. The car just seems to ignore any setting I make there. I've used the feature before, so I'm pretty sure I'm setting it correctly. Anyone else seeing this?