Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.44.25 Holiday Update and USB access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Merry Christmas everyone! Just got the new2021.44 .25 Holiday Update, lots of great new features, some we have been asking for a long time, took a few minutes to digest the new interface, but no biggie, the only thing I cannot find in it is how to access the USB drive on the console to play music from it! I have searched all over and nothing, has anyone been able to find it? If so, would you please let us know?
Oh, by the way; the drives I use are correctly formated and working fine on my other Tesla, before the 2021.44 .25 Holiday Update, I hope the update has not done away from being able to listen to music from your own collection!

GT30

There is a usb app in the “app box” and I think I held down on it and it put it on the new bottom bar where it’s easy to access. I play music from my usb. One problem I have always had (?), is that about half of the time when I get in the car the music plays in its own and half of the time silence and I have to start the music.

Upvote 0
There is a usb app in the “app box” and I think I held down on it and it put it on the new bottom bar where it’s easy to access. I play music from my usb. One problem I have always had (?), is that about half of the time when I get in the car the music plays in its own and half of the time silence and I have to start the music.
Yes. It only remembers where you left off about half the time. No rhyme or reason to it. Seems to be worse after the holiday update. However, the USB player in my 2009 Honda still works perfectly, but my $70,000 Tesla? Nah

Upvote 0
Not happy with the new interface. I loved that text messages automatically loaded to the screen and I could do voice to text as soon as they came in on my phone. Now they do not. I only know if I have a text from my phone, then I have to hit the green phone, find the person who has texted and then hit the message button.Voice to txt may or may not work. Why make something more dangerous to use while driving? Voice to text fails 1/3 times. It will not turn on dome lights. Where is the tire pressure reading now? Just yesterday the FSD navigation button FINALLY appeared. Now FSD is following the travel directions much better. I can no longer unlock the charger port from the changer handle. They already replaced the charger cable as the original one stopped working at all as soon as I loaded the new update. Walk up unlock works randomly, but then I can use the phone app. Sometimes the car will not start unless I use the card key, never an issue before. Advise please.

Upvote 0
Not happy with the new interface. I loved that text messages automatically loaded to the screen and I could do voice to text as soon as they came in on my phone. Now they do not. I only know if I have a text from my phone, then I have to hit the green phone, find the person who has texted and then hit the message button.Voice to txt may or may not work. Why make something more dangerous to use while driving? Voice to text fails 1/3 times. It will not turn on dome lights. Where is the tire pressure reading now? Just yesterday the FSD navigation button FINALLY appeared. Now FSD is following the travel directions much better. I can no longer unlock the charger port from the changer handle. They already replaced the charger cable as the original one stopped working at all as soon as I loaded the new update. Walk up unlock works randomly, but then I can use the phone app. Sometimes the car will not start unless I use the card key, never an issue before. Advise please.
The Tire pressure readouts are now on the Service Settings page. The voice command "Service Settings" will open, display the Service Settings page.

Reactions: blissdancer
Upvote 0
Update. OK just spent an hour in the TeslaY, Beta tester level with some youtube videos. Moved Text to the front and now they appear as they come in as usual. One thing I am missing under Pedals& is the regenerative braking option and I get a regen not available message almost everyday. Are other Y owners missing this button? Is it an error? How do I report it? Also one Youtube I watched says that FSD won't go over the speed limit. I read in multiple places that it won't go over 80mph and that seems to be the case with my Y. Anyone know anything about this? Oddly the one Beta tester video I watched did not have or describe the little blue T wheel that appeared at the bottom left of the navigation page that turns the navigate on FSD so the car actually follows ALL the driving directions. Am I the only one who has this button?

Upvote 0