Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't get any push notifications of updates in the app but this morning when I got in the car it offered to install an update. I scheduled for a random time and proceeded with my day; the update disappeared completely from the UI so I thought it had been pulled (info screen said everything is up to date, and there was no update icon). I just checked my app since the install time has passed, and 2021.44.30.5 is installed, again with no notifications that it completed. I wonder if that was a bug in the 10.8 release.

Yeah, I’ve noticed different FSD/AP behavior on this 10.8.1 build as well. Not as positive as others have posted. This “creeping forward for visibility” is taking forever, if anyone is behind me, I’m overriding it by hitting the accelerator. Had some poor path planning as well today, weird swerving to complete a turn. Car still stays way to close to the yellow lane markings on right curves, way too close to oncoming traffic.

Reactions: K5TRX and Musashi6
Most likely, 10.8.1 does not improve any aspect of FSD compared to 10.8. With the exception of critical bug fixes, the dev team is already working on the 10.9 release.

Given how inconsistent FSD can be at the same intersection, I'd be very hesitant to believe we're actually seeing new behavior when FSD behaves differently.

Release notes have been pretty generic for many many years. Recently, the FSD beta branch release notes have been a lot more detailed.

updating as well.
Most likely, 10.8.1 does not improve any aspect of FSD compared to 10.8. With the exception of critical bug fixes, the dev team is already working on the 10.9 release.

Given how inconsistent FSD can be at the same intersection, I'd be very hesitant to believe we're actually seeing new behavior when FSD behaves differently.

Release notes have been pretty generic for many many years. Recently, the FSD beta branch release notes have been a lot more detailed.
agree, need enough sample size to determine if it is really a new behavior change.

Got to run 10.8.1 to work this morning 8 miles. Only tapped the accelerator once and turn signal once to stay in my lane. I feel like they polished up 10.8 somewhat.

I have a four way stop that the car would always hang up on. there is a truck parked real close to the stop sign and FSD sees it as on coming traffic. Today the car went on its own. It also turned into my pipe steam driveway at a normal pace last night, normally it was real jerky.

I'm sure the sensors are still dealing with, I have a hill top intersection that my car keeps treating it like a four way stop. Really weird that it doesn't like this one intersection. I just think it cant see the pavement so it tries to stop until it crests the hill.

Have a service call in for my broken right hand thumb wheel. I thought something happened during an update and it was disabled for some reason. it failed, a ranger will bring me a new one and do the Frunk recall at the same time.

Reactions: K5TRX
How many of you are still on 2021.44.25.6? I have a service ticket open and my appointment was just pushed back 2 weeks due to "unforeseen circumstances." Not sure if having a pending service appointment delays and pauses firmware updates. It's for some simple door alignment fix.

There's so much variability in performance, I think it can skew your perception to both the positive and negative.

Watched a recent video from Rocco the other day where he did the same left turn around some construction four or five times in a row and got significantly different behavior almost every time despite very little change in the situation

Well, I'm glad they improved comfort when yielding to Jaywalkers.

messages_0 (87).jpeg