Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read post #74. I'm also waiting.

I have a service appointment in 2 weeks too. But I'm pretty sure I had this service appointment on my Plaid when it was inducted into FSD 10.8. When I picked up the Plaid, they found a small scratch on the back and they will repair it which is what the appt is for

For some reasons I am still on a shorter leash. I am only allowed THREE forced disengagements. At least it is better than the TWO that I had before.
Anyone know what the criteria is for some to get more than others? Are the refresh Model Ss limited?
I believe cars with interior cameras are allowed higher numbers of strikes because in those cars it is easier to detect distractions. My 2017 Model S went from two strikes two three strikes and 10.8.1. Cars with interior cameras went from 3 to 5 strikes.

• Informative
Reactions: israndy
Just finished installing. Now I can drive a day or 2 and then start wishing for 10.9.o_O Almost seems a waste sending out 10.8.1 this late with 10.9 hopefully coming this weekend.

Sure hope I get shuffled near the front of the Cue but who the hell knows what criteria Tesla uses. Wonder if the Advanced placebo button is any help?🤣🤣🤣 Of course if a I had to choose I would stay at or near the back of the Cue for 10.9 if I could be a the near front for 11.0.:cool::cool:

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
Just finished installing. Now I can drive a day or 2 and then start wishing for 10.9.o_O Almost seems a waste sending out 10.8.1 this late with 10.9 hopefully coming this weekend.

Sure hope I get shuffled near the front of the Cue but who the hell knows what criteria Tesla uses. Wonder if the Advanced placebo button is any help?🤣🤣🤣 Of course if a I had to choose I would stay at or near the back of the Cue for 10.9 if I could be a the near front for 11.0.:cool::cool:

Seems like we all get it over a 5-7 day period lol

I did this and have it...but the view does not show the gear indicators on the right bottom side of the screen....my gear indicators are on the left bottom with battery and outside temp....any ideas?....thanks
I lost all of that also. Can find. I like the outside temp. I believe it is on the app, but I don't want to check in with my climate just to see the temp. I have nothing on my right side display. I'm fighting a broken right hand rotary button. The tesla Ranger came out yesterday to work on our 3 and tested it to be sure it was bad. Part back ordered till the 21st.

My 8.1 still remains very smooth. I only need to use lane changing, and tap the gas at stop signs where the car balks. We must have gotten more Photon to control in 8.1. If you all recall when traffic light awareness first came out. we had to tap the gas for every light. I want to say some of the turns the system wants us to approve the turn, where visibility is limited. I drove about 150 miles, non highway, running all over town using FSD and it did great.

The car misjudged a yellow lite and wound up running a red. Then it hits the brakes after the fact. If I were driving I would probably done the same. the yellow was quick to change.

My son who is in FSD lock out jail, got 40.33.5 this morning. we will see if he is allowed back into the beta program as the article stated. Still downloading.

Reactions: K5TRX
Same. I got 10.8.1 pushed this evening too
Finally got it this morning. May have arrived late last night, but I parked it when I got home and didn't check again.

IMG_5428.png

Wonder how close to the end of the line I am, will check with TeslaFi again tomorrow to see how the rollout continues

Finally got it this morning. May have arrived late last night, but I parked it when I got home and didn't check again.

View attachment 754917

Wonder how close to the end of the line I am, will check with TeslaFi again tomorrow to see how the rollout continues
Another few hundred (Teslascope perspective) were added to the download queue in the afternoon yesterday. I noticed because ours was included also.

Reactions: K5TRX
Anyone getting “Autopilot canceled due to system error” and red steering wheel on the display? I had this happen a bunch of times on this last drive. I did a reset to see if that helps?
YES! I received the update over the weekend and had my first drive today. This morning on my drive to work I had no issues. On my drive home I kept getting this every couple of minutes. After about 10-15 miles of this I got stuck with a "Cruise control unavailable" "Emergency Breaking disabled" and I could not re-engage AP. I stopped somewhere hit the power off button in the settings page. Gave it a minute or two then back on. AP was working again but after a few minutes of driving i started getting the same system error message. I have no idea if it's due to the Software (I am guessing now i see someone else with the issue it is) or something else going on. Made a service appointment just incase.

Edit: Should add this is on a 2018 Model 3 RWD.

Wanted to chime in, I have a Plaid, was stuck in FSD 10.5 until 10.8 came out, had to email Tesla to ask why I was not being upgraded until well after Christmas…. A few hours later it was pushed to my car. Now today I had to email again as I have not had the most recent update with track mode. Very frustrating. Let’s see if they manually push it again. Strange how they pick and choose.