Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.44.30 and now cars locks at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downloaded 2021.44.30 yesterday (was hoping for some changes to V11 but no) and noticed my doors now LOCK when parked in the garage, which also triggers Sentry Mode anytime we were in the garage. So I checked and the Exclude Home box was checked. Oh, and all my Driver Profiles got messed up as well, I manually rebuilt them.

For now, I turned off the Walk Away lock setting until I can figure this out. Any clues or suggestions on how to fix this?

UPDATE:

I discovered the ADRESS we used as HOME someone got dis-associated with the HOME button. Since our actual address isn't in GOOGLE maps even after 3 years (new home) for Nav purposes I used the address to the Club House in the older section of our development. Funny the Club House is about 300 feet maybe more from our home, but the car is happy to use that as OUR HOME and not LOCK or TRIGGER Sentry events.

I guess the GEOFENCE Teska uses to determine HOME is bigger than I thought.

So all is well now. Thanks for all the assistance.

Last edited:
Restart after each update. Fixes 90% of the issues people experience. This was the first update I had the lights flash as the update installed. Afterwards though no issues with locking at home.

Which is the best method to restart after update? I know there's a few..
- Pressing both scroll wheels
- Pressing the brake pedal AND both of the scroll wheels
- Choosing Power Off under the controls menu on the touchscreen

Downloaded 2021.44.30 yesterday (was hoping for some changes to V11 but no) and noticed my doors now LOCK when parked in the garage, which also triggers Sentry Mode anytime we were in the garage. So I checked and the Exclude Home box was checked. Oh, and all my Driver Profiles got messed up as well, I manually rebuilt them.

For now, I turned off the Walk Away lock setting until I can figure this out. Any clues or suggestions on how to fix this?
I use a separate driver profile based on my normal settings but with Creep, no Sentry and no auto-locks when I move the car into the garage. It means stopping in the driveway to engage Park because the stopping mode has to change, but it allows the car to lock when it's still outside and using my own profile but not lock when it's inside. When I get back in to leave, it switches to my profile (most of the time, as long as my wife's phone is far enough away)