Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.44.30 Rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update 2021.44.30 has started rolling out. Notes seem to be the same as the holiday release so maybe just bug fixes and not the UI remake Musk posted about a couple of days ago to TeslaRaj.

No Plaids have reported 2021.44.30 yet but I read it's supposed to include "track" mode for Plaid. As someone who just got a Plaid, I am curious to know what track mode is. Any one able to shine some light for me?

Thanks

Reactions: jebinc
Update 2021.44.30 has started rolling out. Notes seem to be the same as the holiday release so maybe just bug fixes and not the UI remake Musk posted about a couple of days ago to TeslaRaj.

No Plaids have reported 2021.44.30 yet but I read it's supposed to include "track" mode for Plaid. As someone who just got a Plaid, I am curious to know what track mode is. Any one able to shine some light for me?

Thanks

Where do you saw the release not is the same on teslafi.com we don't have release not for this version.

An owner on Reddit mentioned they received an SMS from Tesla stating this firmware would address heat pump issues
Interesting. I just finished a 2400km road trip in eastern Canada and hit the bug as well. Our MYLR 2021 was without heat for 3 hours in -12C weather.

Have been back and forth with Tesla techs via the app and they confirmed a few days ago that a firmware update was coming to fix the issue. I didn’t get any updates today from them though (it is a holiday though).

This was a big blow to our confidence in the car. It will take a while to regain the trust…

Interesting. I just finished a 2400km road trip in eastern Canada and hit the bug as well. Our MYLR 2021 was without heat for 3 hours in -12C weather.

Have been back and forth with Tesla techs via the app and they confirmed a few days ago that a firmware update was coming to fix the issue. I didn’t get any updates today from them though (it is a holiday though).

This was a big blow to our confidence in the car. It will take a while to regain the trust…
This is beyond crazy.

A forced, untested update with a broken UI sent for Christmas.
No heater at -12°.
Way to go Tesla!

It's time to add a rollback option.

Release notes for 2021.44.30:

Minor Fixes

This release contains minor bug fixes and improvements.

Track Mode
Optimise your Plaid configuration for dynamic driving exclusively on closed courses and experience the unmatched performance at many different venues. To enable, tap Controls > Pedals & Steering > Track Mode.
- Thermals: The heat pump system cools more aggressively, maximising powertrain endurance and performance. Enable post-drive cooling to shorten wait times between sessions.
- Drive Systems: Torque vectoring authority is increased across the three motors, elevating the vehicle
s agility and cornering capability. The accelerator pedal allows more precise torque control, and regenerative braking power is strengthened to recover more energy.
- Suspension: Adaptive damping reduces vehicle motions, improving handling and promoting driver confidence. Ride height is automatically set to 'Low' upon drive off.
- Display: A track-focused interface includes a lap timer, G-meter (real-time accelerometer), vehicle thermals monitor, Dashcam video capture, vehicle telemetry capture and offers customisation options.

There were a number of people in very cold climates (sub 5F/-15C) reporting issues with their heat pump that was traced to a firmware bug. It's possible this release is just "cold weather improvements" but it's unusual that it would get a 44.xx release number rather than a 44.25.x number.
I just this weekend took my family on a roadtrip roughly 200 miles away in our new-to-us M3 to test out doing road trips, and the weather got rather cold (3F/-16C) with some snow. Climate worked great on the way up (although it hadn't started snowing yet), and we plugged in at the hotel into a Chargepoint charger so it would be at 100% on the trip out as we were in Nebraska where there aren't a lot of charging options, and we were going to Cheyenne next so my range anxiety was kicking in a bit. I told it to precondition for departure the next day, but then in the morning got a number of warnings that the climate was not responding and needed service (yay..). Due to the family still breathing 😅, the windows got pretty fogged up, so I ended up having to run the cold air over the windshield to keep it clear, and we were not happy campers up front - knees were getting pretty chilled! I ended up having to shutdown the car after it bugged out trying to play a game at the Cheyenne, WY SC and then boot it back up (hadn't done a full shutdown and wait 2+ minutes, which I had to as the soft 10s reset wasn't doing it). After that, the car was happy and had no issues.

Then, tonight after some rest, NOW I get the update to fix that??! 😂 Oh well, it was a good test, and expanded my comfort with range with my M3LR. I've driven 1st gen Nissan Leafs for about 3 years before this, so knew what it was, but when you're way out there beyond civilization it's easy to have that anxiety. I just did mutter something about "seriously, Elon, after my trip??" under my breath just now and my wife laughed.

Release notes for 2021.44.30:

Minor Fixes

This release contains minor bug fixes and improvements.

Track Mode
Optimise your Plaid configuration for dynamic driving exclusively on closed courses and experience the unmatched performance at many different venues. To enable, tap Controls > Pedals & Steering > Track Mode.
- Thermals: The heat pump system cools more aggressively, maximising powertrain endurance and performance. Enable post-drive cooling to shorten wait times between sessions.
- Drive Systems: Torque vectoring authority is increased across the three motors, elevating the vehicle
s agility and cornering capability. The accelerator pedal allows more precise torque control, and regenerative braking power is strengthened to recover more energy.
- Suspension: Adaptive damping reduces vehicle motions, improving handling and promoting driver confidence. Ride height is automatically set to 'Low' upon drive off.
- Display: A track-focused interface includes a lap timer, G-meter (real-time accelerometer), vehicle thermals monitor, Dashcam video capture, vehicle telemetry capture and offers customisation options.

Now those that have had Track Mode and experience with it, what are the best settings for when you're just driving around the city to maximize range/reg breaking? In my 2020 Model S LR+, there was an option for the amount of reg breaking as well as "range" mode. In the 2022 Plaid, I do not see either of those options anywhere.

Now those that have had Track Mode and experience with it, what are the best settings for when you're just driving around the city to maximize range/reg breaking? In my 2020 Model S LR+, there was an option for the amount of reg breaking as well as "range" mode. In the 2022 Plaid, I do not see either of those options anywhere.
Track Mode for Plaid S is limited to closed circuits apparently but I'm not sure how that's going to be implemented.