Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.44.30 Rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea 44.30 just copy pasted what the holiday update said on my MYLR

A103924C-8626-4B33-9782-23354DEE66D8.jpeg

Reactions: K5TRX
What exactly are the improvements in the night time navigation?
For me - on a 2021 Model 3, the dark night view map was pretty much unusable in downtown SF. The streets were shown as low-contrast dark gray on black and very few of them had street names. Zooming in didn't change things ... just a big low-contrast grid without labels. You could press the 'show points of interest' button and this slightly increased the contrast of street names but still wasn't good enough to drive at night in a city.

With the update, more streets are labeled, more contrast between the roads and the background. It's now visible even in full dark with the 'auto brightness' enabled. (whereas previously it was just awful). This may be a model 3 thing, or it may just have been my car - in the thread I started on this, somebody posted a photo of a 2021 Model S screen that looked just fine. Either way, I noticed a big improvement.

Just got it tonight for my 21 M3P. After the update, I got into my car the the volume was at 100% -- blasted my ears out when the music started playing. I never have the volume at such levels so it shocked the crap out of me, not to mention blasted out my eardrums. Be careful out there folks...
this seemed to be a long time bug. I remember it is related to iPhone and bluetooth. I also noticed it when changing driving profiles. Careful for sure.

this seemed to be a long time bug. I remember it is related to iPhone and bluetooth. I also noticed it when changing driving profiles. Careful for sure.
The volume on my phone was low, and I did have it set to Bluetooth to play music from my phone. But I always do. That was deafening and Tesla's smart software should have prevented it from happening as a safety precaution.

Reactions: NoisyCricket
Dark mode is fine, it looks exactly like Waze's dark mode with a reversal of streets/terrain the black/grey, otherwise, easy to see and no issues. I like and keep it on always dark mode and Waze when I drive on my charger for more info.

Many other things are surely a nuisance now though.

This is beyond crazy.

A forced, untested update with a broken UI sent for Christmas.
No heater at -12°.
Way to go Tesla!

It's time to add a rollback option.
You can wait before installing any new updates you know. Wait few weeks and see if other users are reporting any issues. Heck, you can even wait until Tesla rolls out a fix for those issues. Or just buy a legacy car any and not worry about any bugs with updates cuz you won't get any.

I received the update last night and now every time I "start" the car it pops up a notification about the "Cold Weather Tips". I can understand it happening initially, but it keeps happening. After lunch: "Cold Weather Tips". After stopping off at the grocery: "Cold Weather Tips". Enough already. I've already read the CWT. Is there a way to stop it from bugging me about this? Are you seeing this as well?

Related note: Selecting the "Cold Weather Tips" notification brings up the owners manual. In my Model Y I can only use about half of the screen height to actually read the manual. The top half is taken up by the new V11 windowing system as well as some sort of table of contents for the online user manual. It's almost unusable and as far as I can tell there is no way to maximize the owners manual display.

I received the update last night and now every time I "start" the car it pops up a notification about the "Cold Weather Tips". I can understand it happening initially, but it keeps happening. After lunch: "Cold Weather Tips". After stopping off at the grocery: "Cold Weather Tips". Enough already. I've already read the CWT. Is there a way to stop it from bugging me about this? Are you seeing this as well?

Related note: Selecting the "Cold Weather Tips" notification brings up the owners manual. In my Model Y I can only use about half of the screen height to actually read the manual. The top half is taken up by the new V11 windowing system as well as some sort of table of contents for the online user manual. It's almost unusable and as far as I can tell there is no way to maximize the owners manual display.
I haven’t seen this after the update. Have you tried restarting the car?

Well, I can say that this update broke my heating I never had any issues so I don't know why I updated. I saw on a lot of people complaining about heating issues in extreme cold in their MY so I figured it must be an important update, but boy was I wrong now my car takes much longer to heat up. Also I was stopped at the light and I heard the fan/pump wind up and down not sure why? Anyways if you have a MY and no heating issues I would wait to update.

Well, I can say that this update broke my heating I never had any issues so I don't know why I updated. I saw on a lot of people complaining about heating issues in extreme cold in their MY so I figured it must be an important update, but boy was I wrong now my car takes much longer to heat up. Also I was stopped at the light and I heard the fan/pump wind up and down not sure why? Anyways if you have a MY and no heating issues I would wait to update.

I lost heat on my X as well.