Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.44.30 Rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure the message is only shown when it's cold.
That's an interesting observation. I had the message several times earlier today and it was very cold. However, this evening it warmed up and I didn't get the notification. I wonder if it only shows that notification when it gets cold. Well, we're about to have some really cold days coming up so I guess I can see what happens.

I'm looking forward to hearing the impressions of the new Plaid track mode. A seemingly experienced track driver on YouTube has released a few short videos and he says that even without taking the car to the track, he's noticed a significant improvement in the brake pedal feel and apparently track mode unlocked a new top speed of 175 MPH!

Looks like he just posted a more in-depth overview video so I'm checking that out now too...Now I'm even more excited for my Plaid delivery (hopefully sometime in February!). :)

Reactions: RNHurt
I received the update last night and now every time I "start" the car it pops up a notification about the "Cold Weather Tips". I can understand it happening initially, but it keeps happening. After lunch: "Cold Weather Tips". After stopping off at the grocery: "Cold Weather Tips". Enough already. I've already read the CWT. Is there a way to stop it from bugging me about this? Are you seeing this as well?

Related note: Selecting the "Cold Weather Tips" notification brings up the owners manual. In my Model Y I can only use about half of the screen height to actually read the manual. The top half is taken up by the new V11 windowing system as well as some sort of table of contents for the online user manual. It's almost unusable and as far as I can tell there is no way to maximize the owners manual display.

I get this as well. Quite annoying.

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt
Well if the "Cold Weather Tips" notification is going to appear every time it's below freezing it's going to get really old, really quickly. Maybe it only does it a limited number of times? I guess I'll find out soon; we're supposed to have several days of below freezing temps in the next few days. I'll let you know what I find out.

I received the update last night and now every time I "start" the car it pops up a notification about the "Cold Weather Tips". I can understand it happening initially, but it keeps happening. After lunch: "Cold Weather Tips". After stopping off at the grocery: "Cold Weather Tips". Enough already. I've already read the CWT. Is there a way to stop it from bugging me about this? Are you seeing this as well?

Related note: Selecting the "Cold Weather Tips" notification brings up the owners manual. In my Model Y I can only use about half of the screen height to actually read the manual. The top half is taken up by the new V11 windowing system as well as some sort of table of contents for the online user manual. It's almost unusable and as far as I can tell there is no way to maximize the owners manual display.
Here is some cold weather tips for you : Winter Driving Tips

Interesting. I just finished a 2400km road trip in eastern Canada and hit the bug as well. Our MYLR 2021 was without heat for 3 hours in -12C weather.

Have been back and forth with Tesla techs via the app and they confirmed a few days ago that a firmware update was coming to fix the issue. I didn’t get any updates today from them though (it is a holiday though).

This was a big blow to our confidence in the car. It will take a while to regain the trust…
About to fix it through an OTA update isn’t enough?

About to fix it through an OTA update isn’t enough?
According to the tech's the bug was introduced via a recent OTA update. It wasn't just me that encountered the problem - it was quite widespread across the fleet and triggered when the temps dipped below -10C.

Heat in the car, in Canada, is a critical subsystem of the vehicle and needs to treated with a lot more seriousness.

It is, frankly, completely unacceptable that this subsystem didn't get more testing before shoving the release out the door.

According to the tech's the bug was introduced via a recent OTA update. It wasn't just me that encountered the problem - it was quite widespread across the fleet and triggered when the temps dipped below -10C.

Heat in the car, in Canada, is a critical subsystem of the vehicle and needs to treated with a lot more seriousness.

It is, frankly, completely unacceptable that this subsystem didn't get more testing before shoving the release out the door.
Or “shoving“ a release into your own car.
As a precaution, I’ve read the reviews and I’m installing it Thursday mid morning after it baked on the forum’s for five or so days.
Nobody including Tesla is forcing you to “Update” by Mandate.

Well if the "Cold Weather Tips" notification is going to appear every time it's below freezing it's going to get really old, really quickly. Maybe it only does it a limited number of times? I guess I'll find out soon; we're supposed to have several days of below freezing temps in the next few days. I'll let you know what I find out.
I'm thinking we will be stuck with it until the next update, or until spring. I bet this was rolled out because of all the service requests they were getting for stuck handles, regen braking reduction warnings, loss of range, etc.

Reactions: K5TRX and RNHurt
Or “shoving“ a release into your own car.
As a precaution, I’ve read the reviews and I’m installing it Thursday mid morning after it baked on the forum’s for five or so days.
Nobody including Tesla is forcing you to “Update” by Mandate.
I used to trust Tesla to perform reasonable testing before distributing new software.

Try being in Minneapolis... if that's the case I'll be seeing the message 6+ months of the year!

Link? Is this another UI refresh in addition to 11.0? If so, I can’t wait.

• Informative
Reactions: K5TRX