Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.44.5 incoming…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wait until 80% of the folks on Teslafi have updated before I even think about it....

"The best update is no update"
Fair enough but I usually take a look at how long the update was live at the moment car is ready to install. If it's been live for a few days I usually go ahead with the installation. This is 1st time I have had something like that after the update.

Sorry, but I totally disagree. I'm thrilled with this update, as are many women who own Teslas. We have been asking for driver door only unlock for YEARS. It's a safety issue, especially for those of us who work at night. It's something men just don't even think about.

Sorry I didn't even read the notes - I just noticed there was only two items. As it turns out that was just for one car, and there were a few more things. My comment was actually commenting on the lack of Track Mode and any "Holiday" updates/UI updates of which there was nothing this time around.

someone on Facebook just pointed out that the Active Noise cancellation now has an on/off button in the audio settings of 2021.44.5. Sure enough, it is there in my car as well. Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.
Indeed it does! I was pleasantly surprised by it this morning. It calibrated during my morning commute (around 42 miles) - and made a positive difference in cabin noise. Seemed to remove the "edge" off of some rumble prone roads, and improved the sound of the stereo. It isn't dramatic in my opinion, however it definitely improves cabin noise and makes the car seem more "buttoned-down."

Very happy to see this go live.

here is a video I recorded this morning of the Active Noise cancellation feature in my car. Not pro quality but hopefully it give those that are interested in the feature and don’t have it yet a taste of the change.

I’d say Tesla legal did a good naming it Noise REDUCTION vs CANCELLATION. Currently to my ear it is a subtle but desirable change in tone if not overall decibels. I think the gopro does a decent job of picking up the magnitude of difference and I had it mounted right next to my headrest where the effect is supposed to be the greatest.

I think this is a good and positive first release and am hoping that over time they can tweak and improve it.

In case you are wondering, the same change seems to be available whether the audio is playing or not.