Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.44.5 Uneven Tire Wear Detection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Mike, the front tires have almost 28000 miles. They can probably make another ~5000 miles maybe. So worn out but not to the point that I want to change them yet. But my front tires are like only 3000 miles. Yeah I had to bring it to the Tesla Service center for another message "Camera occluded", so I mentionned this too.
What did service say? I'm in your exact situation.

I got this update several years ago ...

View attachment 744900

:D

Seriously though, I like the idea of an extra, more active system, that might bring your attention to an alignment issue that's wearing one tire quicker.

I'd assume Tesla has lots of data on hand to be able to have a baseline, though like @Shelburne said, lots of variables, including the specific tire you're using (vs. OEM).
How does that tell you tyre wear:D. Is 30k normal milage, that seems a massive amount of miles, my old M3 (actually M3 before you lot stole the name😂), I was lucky to get 10k miles out of the rears, obviously the fronts lasted forever.

download.jpg

This what I currently use to check my tire wear... If you know you know... I try to use the latest version as well.

Reactions: rpiotro
I would think it would go away on its own once you replace the worn out tires.
That’s the thing though, tread depth is fine, and I only have around 2500kms on all 4 of my tires. The notification came on when I was driving on slippery roads for about 5-6kms. The tires were full of snow so it’s possible that fooled the system?

That’s the thing though, tread depth is fine, and I only have around 2500kms on all 4 of my tires. The notification came on when I was driving on slippery roads for about 5-6kms. The tires were full of snow so it’s possible that fooled the system?
A possibility. Since this is a brand new feature there will be some teething pains.

You do understand you signed up as a Beta tester when you bought the car? Right?

• Funny
Reactions: smartypnz