Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.44.6 - USB Music Cover art is BACK! - sorta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI all,

I just downloaded and installed 2021.44.6 on my Model S P100D and my holy eyes couldn't believe it... but USB Cover art graphic is back. The only issue is that it seems to not update properly. The 1st song I pick, the graphic, shows up in the dash display, but if I choose a different song, it still stays stuck on the 1st graphic. The pic in the main audio screen updates as it should... just the dash one does not.

Can someone else verify if this is happening to them also?

My god.. I've been waiting for this to be fixed for SO LONG.... Elon finally gave me my Christmas present!

Reactions: DerbyDave
HI all,

I just downloaded and installed 2021.44.6 on my Model S P100D and my holy eyes couldn't believe it... but USB Cover art graphic is back. The only issue is that it seems to not update properly. The 1st song I pick, the graphic, shows up in the dash display, but if I choose a different song, it still stays stuck on the 1st graphic. The pic in the main audio screen updates as it should... just the dash one does not.

My god.. I've been waiting for this to be fixed for SO LONG.... Elon finally gave me my Christmas present!
Yes, that is a glitch not sure why it happens also no art collection underneath the upper left album art like it use to be over a year ago. This should not be brain surgery to fix.

HI all,

I own a 2020 Model 3 and yes, this update fixed the cover art issue. So far, I am not experiencing the problem you are with updating the correct artwork. What the hell took so long Tesla?!!!

I own a 2020 Model 3 and yes, this update fixed the cover art issue. So far, I am not experiencing the problem you are with updating the correct artwork. What the hell took so long Tesla?!!!

The Model 3 must just be different enough from the S that the artwork not updating doesn't affect you. Now I wish Tesla would fix this bug on the S!

Also, don't forget, in V8 and earlier, USB music showed up a grid of artwork and titles rather than a stupid list that just pops back up to the top every time you left back into it from an album or folder.

Every time they come out with a new major revision, it's like they're going backwards in features and refinement.

What about search? Does search show USB music results like it used to?
I just spent a lot more time testing this…

But to answer your question, nope, search does NOT show usb results.
Also, there is no grid of artwork like back in version 8.

And indeed the music artwork gets “stuck” on the dash screen. On the main center screen it changes properly with each song.

To get the dash screen to update, I had to change to a usb song that has no artwork and then pick another song that does, and then it will display the new artwork. Of course, it will then be stuck on the new pic until I pick a song with no pic again. I can also select some other music source to update the pic on the dash and then pick a usb song again to display the proper picture.

So basically, it can’t update from one usb pic to another without going through some in between with a song that has no pic embedded or selecting a different source with a different pic.

Other than that, none of the other usb features came back. So this is not a perfect update by any means, but at least we got some kind of artwork back.

I just installed the new UI update 2021.44.25.2 and unfortunately, the USB audio cover art is still the same as I described above. It does show the cover art, but the pic in the instrument cluster still gets "stuck".