Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 AutoX Points season log. 2019 Performance on Mountain Pass Performance parts.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its fairly common for people not running national events to not want to run with that crowd. Typically people take things a bit more serious but that's literally any sport where people are traveling for that level of competition. Be it good or bad, that's where the top competition and fastest skill growth will be. We run primarily SCCA events but love the smaller clubs for its laid back feel.

That still doesn't give much excuse for throwing multiple elements we all know people heavily dislike. I know I wouldn't run with clubs that used them. But we're lucky to have like 12 autocross clubs within a few hours here. There does look like good fun sections there, so there is promise.

Its fairly common for people not running national events to not want to run with that crowd. Typically people take things a bit more serious but that's literally any sport where people are traveling for that level of competition. Be it good or bad, that's where the top competition and fastest skill growth will be. We run primarily SCCA events but love the smaller clubs for its laid back feel.

That still doesn't give much excuse for throwing multiple elements we all know people heavily dislike. I know I wouldn't run with clubs that used them. But we're lucky to have like 12 autocross clubs within a few hours here. There does look like good fun sections there, so there is promise.
At least around here it’s worse than listening to runners or vegans tell you they run and eat plants. 😂

I also attempt to not give the SCCA money when I can, I feel the SEB is stuck 20 years in the past.

As far as we know we are the oldest independent club operating in the US, we have been running in that lot continuously since 1957. The county decided put a playground in pretty close which we contributed $15k towards installing a guard rail around it but we still have to be very cognizant about optics with cars coming towards the playground and it’s surrounded by a 4 lane road. We close off 3 lanes by the hockey rink but have to leave one lane open and up where the other road merges in it goes back to 4 lane. So we have to be careful around the edges.

For years we were tethered to the trailer for start/finish which we park by where the green NHSCC AutoCross pin is, we finally bought wireless timers a few years ago which lets us exit at the top of the lot so I think people are still trying to figure out how to use our new options.

945EE267-5BC4-4BD1-ABA9-DA21ED0B8809.jpeg

Not saying I’m a pro course designer but here’s the event this year I cochaired… everyone seemed to like it

Last edited:
No e brake? Manually adjust to -10 stability entering the pin, stab throttle maintaining the turn and adjust back to 0 (or whatever you use) to get all the grips out of the exit. :p

I actually had a passenger hit mine into drift mode on a fun run last year and I'm not sure it was faster but it was more fun getting around the pin... I always said I wish you could map between 2 settings on the left thumbwheel click or something.

Manually adjust to -10 stability entering the pin, stab throttle maintaining the turn and adjust back to 0
I always said I wish you could map between 2 settings on the left thumbwheel click or something.

OK, we've clearly all had the same thought that being able to quickly switch modes while in motion would be cool. Time for all 13 of us that actually use track mode on a track to send Tesla an email blast and get this up on their priority list! ;)

Event #9...

Got 3 runs in the dry and then the rain came in during the next run group so my last 3 were in the wet. I generally peak around run 5 so this threw me off pretty bad. Still ended up 6/56 in raw and 7/56 in pax and took the class win.

Here's a video of my best... plus my first wet run. Freshly painted parking lines + rain is what happened there. You could feel them when braking as well.

DSC_0915.JPG
DSC_0918.JPG
DSC_0923.JPG
DSC_0363.JPG
DSC_0367.JPG
DSC_0370.JPG

IMG_6224.jpeg

Reactions: M3Pdude
I'm a week late (we went on vacation RIGHT after the event) but the Hoosier Challenge went pretty well. Out of 140 competitors I ended up 3rd on index (behind a back-to-back SCCA National Champ and another Nat-level competitor) by .3 (7th overall on raw time). This was my first race on concrete with my EVX setup and I think it performed very well. I went with the front shocks at 5/5 and rear at 4/4 (same setup I have been running on pavement) and the car was very balanced. The course had some transitions over different types of concrete that definitely upset some cars but the MPP shocks took it all in stride (probably also helped by the 4k lbs of the car ha).

I am very happy with the quality and performance of my MPP stuff - I have a couple of races left before winter but hopefully winter will feel shorter with some "Phase II" work on the car.

Reactions: SK360
Well this was an event I wish I could forget.

The car was not cooperating in anyway, I'm pretty sure my RE71R's are cycled out. Lateral grip was non existent and was frustrated at my driving. It was also a high of 55 and I got one run where the sun was out, the rest was overcast, windy and rainy at times.

1 event left.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 9.10.48 AM.png

IMG_6656.JPG

I say we bring this back :). Here’s some cool historical footage from the early days of our club.
While I enjoyed watching the 8mm footage of these vintage cars being driven as "new" rather than as "vintage" cars, I'm 99% sure that was not from 1957. There was a first-generation Corvair running there, plus that blue Plymouth Valiant, both of which would have been new for the 1960 model year.

Unless there were some Detroit engineers thrashing test mules a couple years prior to them being available for sale.

While I enjoyed watching the 8mm footage of these vintage cars being driven as "new" rather than as "vintage" cars, I'm 99% sure that was not from 1957. There was a first-generation Corvair running there, plus that blue Plymouth Valiant, both of which would have been new for the 1960 model year.

Unless there were some Detroit engineers thrashing test mules a couple years prior to them being available for sale.
Agreed, someone pointed out it had to be at least 1959 in the youtube comments and more likely 60-62. It's not my account though so it is apparently going to stay as 1957 :p

I'm a week late (we went on vacation RIGHT after the event) but the Hoosier Challenge went pretty well. Out of 140 competitors I ended up 3rd on index (behind a back-to-back SCCA National Champ and another Nat-level competitor) by .3 (7th overall on raw time). This was my first race on concrete with my EVX setup and I think it performed very well. I went with the front shocks at 5/5 and rear at 4/4 (same setup I have been running on pavement) and the car was very balanced. The course had some transitions over different types of concrete that definitely upset some cars but the MPP shocks took it all in stride (probably also helped by the 4k lbs of the car ha).

I am very happy with the quality and performance of my MPP stuff - I have a couple of races left before winter but hopefully winter will feel shorter with some "Phase II" work on the car.

I just swapped my tires front to back and set my shocks to 5/5 and 4/4, I’ve been running 9/8F & 6/7R. One last event this Sunday, looks like another mild day (58F high), hopefully the sun comes out and I can find a little bit of grip left in these REs

I had plans to go full crazy this winter with basically every part but my dog ended up in the emergency vet for 12 days, the bill was 1/3rd what I paid for my car so needless to say my budget is destroyed 😂

I think my list for next season is 265/275 RT660’s, MPP front lower control arm bushings, MPP compression rod bushing inserts, MPP rear toe arms (I was 100% maxed out to get to 0 toe on stock parts) and sway bars of some kind (eibach unless MPP gets theirs out).

I just swapped my tires front to back and set my shocks to 5/5 and 4/4, I’ve been running 9/8F & 6/7R. One last event this Sunday, looks like another mild day (58F high), hopefully the sun comes out and I can find a little bit of grip left in these REs

I had plans to go full crazy this winter with basically every part but my dog ended up in the emergency vet for 12 days, the bill was 1/3rd what I paid for my car so needless to say my budget is destroyed 😂

I think my list for next season is 265/275 RT660’s, MPP front lower control arm bushings, MPP compression rod bushing inserts, MPP rear toe arms (I was 100% maxed out to get to 0 toe on stock parts) and sway bars of some kind (eibach unless MPP gets theirs out).
I highly recommend the 275 square setup with the RT660's. the 275 Falken is more like a 285 (it's huge!). I am going to hold off on tires for a bit and see if Bridgestone brings a new tire over here for next season. Kumho is also releasing more sizes of their tire so I am also curious about that (I haven't heard enough about them but have heard some good things).

Let me know what you think of those settings - If it looks like it is going to rain or be less than ideal traction wise, it might be better to stay a little softer. The stiffer setting should make the car more responsive and probably help you pivot on those tight courses you run.