Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Center Console (Gen2) Wrap Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious for people who have pulled the trigger on this.

I’m going to do matrix black to wrap the (IMHO) ugly wood dash. Saw on abstract ocean they make a matching matrix black 2021 center console wrap, which looks amazing and would be a very cool match.

Only concern I have is how the sliding console door moves under the console as it slides. Will this scuff/snag the vinyl of the matrix black (or any) wrap? I’m just concerned that I’ll do this to only have it ruined by opening and closing the drawer. Obviously the Gen1 console wouldn’t have this issue because it opens differently.

Anyone wrapped the Gen2 console? Any issue sliding the front compartment open? Thanks

There's still plenty of space, no issues with rubbing, even for the thicker vinyls. Not enough room for an ABS (shell) cover though, or carbon fiber. Also messing around with some printed designs; they're more fiddly to fit since they don't have the air-release channels that the 2080 vinyl has, but they look cool and are still tough and protective (rated for outside use). Will hopefully have those live in the next few weeks.

B546EAD3-8D39-41B0-A2C9-1A98A618B6DF.jpeg

I decided to go with the Alcantara wrap to match the charging mat. Really happy with how it turned out!