Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Centre Console Insert - yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone purchase any of the above mentioned 2021 center console trays?
Reviews/photos?
The one I ordered from aliexpress came in today.
I don't like it.
1. there are inserts in the tray that are fixed in place. It all one moulded plastic, then flocked over it.
There is a very narrow slot, not sure what that is for, folded papers?
2. mine, makes a vibration noise when sliding toward rear of car. Forward is ok.
3. totally blocks out the inside light. They could have made the rear not go all the way to the top to resolve this.
4. a little too snug to slide. would be better 1/8 inch narrower.

I'll probably dremel out some of the unnecessary inserts, then shave the side a bit and add silicone lube on it.

Then wait a few months until another vendor comes out with a better design.

• Informative
Reactions: Npap
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SLXNF3Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ended up purchasing the above center console for the 2021 M3

Pros:
- I actually like the organization they have set up in it. Perfect for my costco card, sunglasses, and some other misc stuff
- It slides all the way back into the cubby so you can reach the bottom of the center console easily
- Felt inside keeps things from moving around
- When pushed all the way back in the cubby, its not really noticeable. Makes it a very weak but decent hiding spot

Cons:
- The top of the tray is felt lined but the bottom isnt. This was causing it to slide every time I accelerated. I put two thin strips of fuzzy velcro on the bottom and that solved the problem. No more unwanted sliding but still slides with ease when pushed
- Not really worth $25 but anything $20 or less is good

I just got an organizer just like the above, but from a different company (also $25). The fit is perfect. I bet it's probably made by the same Chinese company, so probably a tolerance issue. It slides relatively easily, but it requires some force, so no way it'd slide by itself. The only con is it doesn't have a 'handle' underneath, so when pushed all the way forward, it's hard to pull it back due to the force needed to do that. But you just don't push it all the way forward, and problem solved. This is the one I bought, also for $25: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RN7YVH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just got an organizer just like the above, but from a different company (also $25). The fit is perfect. I bet it's probably made by the same Chinese company, so probably a tolerance issue. It slides relatively easily, but it requires some force, so no way it'd slide by itself. The only con is it doesn't have a 'handle' underneath, so when pushed all the way forward, it's hard to pull it back due to the force needed to do that. But you just don't push it all the way forward, and problem solved. This is the one I bought, also for $25: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RN7YVH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this same one- flocked version. Mine was an overly tight fit. It slides if I give it a good push, but not all the way forward or it'll be a bitch to pull back. I can one handed slide forward, but need two hands to pull back to have equal force on the corners being pulled. If i try to pull from the center, it bends and feels like it's about to crack. My most used items are on the top anyway, so I rarely need to access to the bottom abys. At some point I might sand the sides down with a fine grit paper to thin it out and hopefully solve the sliding issue or shell out another $25 for another brand tray.

FD5F8BD2-E57D-4779-9078-5D0B86A2E282.jpeg 0669534C-6152-4CA8-B47C-47C84B50F0AA.jpeg I bought the DIBMS one from Amazon. Fits perfect, and slides smooth to give access to the lower area. Only complaint is it smelled coming out of the box, so I left it out of the box overnight before putting it in the car.

Just ordered one of these:

Tesla Model 3 Centre Console Tray 2021 Model Year - EV Accessories Ltd.

I'll let you know how it fits!

Update: Fits very well. Flocked finish is very nice.

Most of the ones everyone's posting seem like they're almost identical.

The only downsides I can see are a lack of holes/slots for the USB ports. And it blocks out the light inside the console, but I'm not sure how you'd get around that without making massive holes in it, so stuff would fall out.

The USB ports are below it, so that's good news. And you can quickly access them by sliding the tray forward, so that's a non-issue to me. The light would have been nice to have, but you can't put it anywhere above the tray, so that's 'collateral damage'. Ha ha.

Reactions: thx1138