Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Convertible Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, any insight on exactly when the Convertible Model S will be released? End of 2021 as a 2022 model year?

Surely, I can't be the only person who noticed that Elon was talking about convertibles during Battery Day, and how a Model S Convertible with a stressed-member 4680 battery pack would be more rigid than a normal sedan without that pack. Were those just idle musings, or should we expect to see a convertible when the chassis redesign supporting Plaid and other changes comes out next year?

Would you buy one? And what price point do you predict?

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
Convertible Model S is never gonna happen. No way.
tesla-model-s-convertible.jpg

tesla-m3-convertible-td5-jpg.589282

I have the panoramic roof. I don't always get to open my roof, and when I do, the stink and noise from other vehicles would make me close it, and then I'd run Bioweapon defense mode. I don't think EV convertibles would be practical until fewer vehicles are stinking up the air. I guess that some ICE drivers are desensitized to the smell so they can drive while breathing fumes.

When I opened the sunroof for the first time in his memory, my child in the back exclaimed "wow, it's like a convertible!" Then a smelly car passed by and he wanted me to close the sunroof.

While there are people who remember ICE vehicles fondly because of the memories associated with them, kids who grew up without the smell won't have that connection. They'll call it for what it is: yuck!