Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Front Driver's seat rubbing on center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kodenco

Depreciation King
Nov 10, 2016
California
Hi All,

Searched the 3 forum but couldn't find anyone else having this issue except for a couple Y owners. When adjusted to the lowest seating position, my driver's seat is rubbing up against the center console to the point where it constantly squeaks while driving or while using easy entry. You can see the passenger seat adjusted to the same position below, but it still has a small gap. Does anyone else seem to have this issue or is it worth scheduling a service appointment for?

230752418_537980057628981_4201314399598509457_n.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Mercedes fan
So following up on my response to this issue. Service department of course said it was in spec, put "lube" on seat so if it rubs it won't be a wear spot/issue. All I know is that it is documented, so if there is a problem later, they are on the hook and not me with the "in spec" response.

Same for the Rear window misalignment. They say all Tesla's with power lift have that blah blah..when I know this is a complete lie. Coworker, and plenty of other Model 3 LR/SR vehicles with power lift for 2021 don't have this at all. They just misaligned it 2mm the wrong way, along with the sun roof and windshield, which throws the whole thing off in the rear.

Not a huge issue, but again, if there are any leaks etc...I had it documented. They will need to deal with it worse case. That isn't spec.

They did fix my front bumper/quarter panel alignment issue and got it tighter and fixed the sunken door handle. Most of these things are all well documented with people and Tesla just refuses to perform and have any real quality/pride and tolerance with their product sadly compared to other "premium brand" of vehicles.

Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: Mercedes fan
I just started to get this same issue but it’s only because I put a carbon fibre cover overtop.
I’ll try and move the seat up higher and see if it solves the problem, but I like to have my seat set to lowest sitting position so yeah…

See this solution for the MS, a little Krytox grease will do ya...

I mentioned earlier, but felt tape for the rubbing noises. As for the rocking, maybe try moving the seat a teeny tiny bit. It could be that the gears are sitting in a weird position.
Tesla service center changed my seat tracking and that fixed everything including the driver seat rubbing the center console and finally no more rocking like the seats going to snap off. Turns out it’s just poor Tesla quality control and the seats rubbing is just poor aligning of the seat tracking which throws everything off.

Glad I found this forum. I also have my drivers seat rubbing against my center console (I sit low) and also makes a rumbling noise/feeling when I move the seat forward and backward. Passenger seat has no such problem. Service appointment this Friday, hope they fix it among others things.

Reactions: beachmiles
Tesla service center changed my seat tracking and that fixed everything including the driver seat rubbing the center console and finally no more rocking like the seats going to snap off. Turns out it’s just poor Tesla quality control and the seats rubbing is just poor aligning of the seat tracking which throws everything off.
Did the end up charging for this correction.

Reactions: beachmiles