Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Holiday Firmware Release - Predictions and Impressions (after release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah based on Elon's tweet sounds like its going to be just games and my more streaming service options.

Tbf though I use both quite a bit and love Sonic, still hoping for a little more substance though on useful car updates (UI updates would be great but I feel unlikely).
well, if they added SXM as a streaming option I would be happy about that. :)

looks like no resizeable ui for Model 3? tbh i dont even want a resizeable ui i just want to be able to collapse the AP view to like 20 or 30%.
Yeah, that was the main thing I want in an update. Looks like another disappointment sandwich, but reserving judgment until I see a full video walk-through. Absolutely not allowing an update until I see how this all works. The blind-spot cameras might make it worth it though.

Reactions: KentheJ and jebinc
Energy graph
Looks like energy graph is the 3rd app shown with v11 release notes? Hopefully S/X get it too.

v11 apps.jpg

Edit: Yup confirmed on Discord:
v11 energy.png

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I still think the “V11” or “Refresh” app icons look extremely dated. I wish they kept the same minimalist theme but customizable.

Otherwise awesome new features and the dark mode is welcome. I have often wished I could use night mode in the day as I enjoy the dark aesthetic.
My Plaid has this layout. It’s shite. For example, it now takes more button pushes just to shut off the lights. Other functions are missing. Prefer the old interface in my old 3 and new MYP.

@WilliamG