Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Holiday Firmware Release - Predictions and Impressions (after release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good :
Something different to keep things interesting. I like being able to customize bar on the bottom
Blind spot detection

Bad :
I really miss having the cards on the bottom of the screen with trip/odometer info.
The contrast is really poor when the climate system is off and hard to see where to press to turn it on. Previous version was much better.

I think what would have made this update really useful is if they gave you the option to drag any control to the menu bar on the bottom of the screen. Right now it is only apps and games that can be placed in the menu bar. Why not give us the ability to have a button for the glovebox, rear climate, tire pressure, wipers, dashcam, etc. Now that would be really useful.

I think what would have made this update really useful is if they gave you the option to drag any control to the menu bar on the bottom of the screen. Right now it is only apps and games that can be placed in the menu bar. Why not give us the ability to have a button for the glovebox, rear climate, tire pressure, wipers, dashcam, etc. Now that would be really useful.
1000x this.

when EM was saying that Apple is a graveyard of TEsal engineers, i was intended to believe him.
After updating to v.11 i see that the whole graveyard stayed with Tesla and was writing this "new look".

It is like hobbits are writing for hobbits on Ubuntu. Everything crammed, no visual balance, colors from hell.
And its just hung in the first 10 min.. requiring the restart.

This is the first real big disappointment from Tesla for the last 3 years.
Did everyone with sense of taste left the firm?

What’s worse.
no up front wiper controls. Need this on main screen
turning on defrost is a pain. Should be on main screen like before
adjusting seat to different person is a pain. Should be on main screen when stopped
temporarily enabling sentry mode a pain
trip indicator no longer on side screen while driving. Only on large map view. Stupid
view tire pressures while driving. Impossible without being inattentive to road.

all in all it‘s just not worse it’s quite a lot worse.

The one improvement is side camera when signal is on. Not worth all the other downs

I miss being able to quickly and "manually" change the driver profiles at the top of the screen. Don't need to do it very often . . . manually.

We need that every time the car picks the wrong user profile. (Some people need it quickly, before the seat crushes their knees.) This seems to happen less often lately.

The profile icon could hide when you shift into gear if they really want to simplify the screen.

now the car will not auto connect to my phone (or the wife's phone) Bluetooth for media/phone (as a key works fine)

Each driver profile has its preferred Bluetooth (streaming audio + phone calling). Try setting that again. If that doesn't work, try un-pairing and re-pairing the Bluetooth audio connections.

Reactions: Mark57 and evannole
Got it on my MY this morning but not on the M3. Can't wait to see the blind spot camera function when I go for a drive. Other than that, it's not that big of an update IMHO. It looks like they've tried to clean up the UI but at the expense of ease of operations. I really don't like they've moved the trip card to a menu item. I liked driving with it open in the AP part of screen so I could monitor efficiency while I drove. Now it is in a menu that blocks the navigation. Bad idea. But other than that, it seems ok. I might have a different opinion while on the road than sitting in my garage.
Yes, the thing that bugs me the most is the newly-buried trips info. Also don’t appreciate that each music option is a separate app. Used to be able to choose phone, radio, streaming, etc from the same music window. Oh well! I’ll get used to the new software I guess.