Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Holiday Update - GARBAGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

garyhartaz

21 Pre-Refresh Model X Owner and "That Guy"
Nov 13, 2020
Scottsdale, AZ
Spend $120k November 2020 on a 2021 Model X....one year later and it appears Tesla will not give us simple updates like live sentry, blind spot, and more.....just because they have abandoned the horizontal screen along with other trivial hardware like a cabin camera.

So f'ing sad. It's like getting a "Merry Christmas, Go F Yourself" card in the mail.

Spend $120k November 2020 on a 2021 Model X....one year later and it appears Tesla will not give us simple updates like live sentry, blind spot, and more.....just because they have abandoned the horizontal screen along with other trivial hardware like a cabin camera.
This makes no sense. I get updates all the time to my 2018. Usually Several times per month. Now on 2021.36.8.10. You do have to be on WiFi to get them though.

This makes no sense. I get updates all the time to my 2018. Usually Several times per month. Now on 2021.36.8.10. You do have to be on WiFi to get them though.
That’s not the issue. Tesla is drawing a line in the sand with development for their “legacy vehicles” at this point.

It’s not that OP isn’t receiving the update. They just are not receiving all the features they would have hoped for.

Reactions: kennethowens
Tesla (Elon) now considers all 2021 pre-refresh vehicles "Legacy" and for X and S owners, that is unacceptable and especially for those who have 20/21 models!

Tesla (Elon) now considers all 2021 pre-refresh vehicles "Legacy" and for X and S owners, that is unacceptable and especially for those who have 20/21 models!
That is just because the screen is oriented differently which caused the UI to significantly change. Got to call it something. I was not insulted by the use of "Legacy" we still get all the features, assuming we have the appropriate hardware on board.

That is just because the screen is oriented differently which caused the UI to significantly change. Got to call it something. I was not insulted by the use of "Legacy" we still get all the features, assuming we have the appropriate hardware on board.
No, we DO NOT get all the features!

And screen orientation should NEVER be an excuse in 2021! It is called LAZY! I am in tech/software and I know 100% they are just in it to phone it home per whatever Elon is interested in at that moment

The ’legacy’ wording was indeed interesting. A 6mo old car can already be ’legacy’.

Anyway, only the blind spot camera would have been interesting update for me, everything else was more or less pointless and the usability got far worse in terms of winter use. Even the driver profile setting is now hidden in the menus and the automatic switching has never worked in either of our cars (3LR/XLR++).

Reactions: UCF3 and Bpseattle

So f'ing sad. It's like getting a "Merry Christmas, Go F Yourself" card in the mail.
No one cares. Be happy you’re still getting updates. WOW, you didn’t get the blind side camera addition, yet you’ve been driving 6 months without it just fine. Or it’s been driving you. Either way you have features on your car most others car can only dream of having.

This is not a big deal, move on

No one cares. Be happy you’re still getting updates. WOW, you didn’t get the blind side camera addition, yet you’ve been driving 6 months without it just fine. Or it’s been driving you. Either way you have features on your car most others car can only dream of having.

I disagree. Plenty care. A 1 year old car with plenty enough hardware and power being excluded from updates really is unacceptable. You can keep fan boying and ignoring reality, but the fact of the matter is it sucks for a car less than a year old.

Ok, I'll bite...what "features" do we have that other cars do not have... 3.2.1 GO! The car farting is not a "feature" BTW

C861392C-0CA7-4411-A33A-64E04E236C21.jpeg

They can have it, it took about this long for the autopilot and other stuff to finally work right since I took delivery last year, without crashing or giving me random warnings or etc.

I'll probably hang out here in 2021.44.6 for a good long while and see what 2022 brings

Safety shall always be top priority and “blind spot camera” should be more important than games. "Legacy" cars have all what is needed to implement blind spot. This shall only be a matter of adding a “if blinker on, display side camera”. This is the same story as the one pedal driving not stopping on older “Legacy” cars. This is obviously available as autopilot will properly manage this.

Precisely.
Safety shall always be top priority and “blind spot camera” should be more important than games. "Legacy" cars have all what is needed to implement blind spot. This shall only be a matter of adding a “if blinker on, display side camera”. This is the same story as the one pedal driving not stopping on older “Legacy” cars. This is obviously available as autopilot will properly manage this.

Yes was told that my 2017 will not get the new updates... (live sentry cam )